Common questions/complaints about the iPAQ 210

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by KFulton, May 1, 2008.

1. juttonn

juttonn Mobile Consultant

Good point. The iPAQWireless manager loads quickly enough that not having it pre-load at startup isn't essential. It certainly doesn't need to be running in the background before you need to use WiFi or Bluetooth. Since I did the fix, I haven't had any problems, so I'll just leave well enough alone, but if I have any problems in the future, just taking iPAQWireless utility out of startup is a sure fire fix.

2. TOCA

TOCA Mobile Enthusiast

I have found one bug, which realy makes me "not happy": The company "Stoweaway" who makes BT keyboards and mouse for PDA's, will not update their drivers, to support WM5/6, so now, that I've bought the uber nice 210, my beloved I-Go mouse is useless :(

The power drain issue, is also affected by SD cards, though not as dramatically as the CF cards, but it's still 5-7% a day. This is caused by the fact, that it uses RAM to remember, that a memorycard is pressent.

3. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

I am using Transcend Class 6 16G SDHC memory card and the power drain in a day is about 2-3%. If I inserted my Transcend 8G CF (X133) the power drain overnight is 2-3%. I think the power drain depends on what type and brand of memory card you are using.

4. anello1960

anello1960 Mobile Consultant

>
    I can't fully explain the battery drain most people are witnessing but I would bet that it is more than just the SD card or other memory cards.

My drain down with a 2GB SD card is ususlly no more than 1 or 2 % in 24 hours.

I leave my display at it's lowest brightness setting, set the backlight to turn off after 2min. of no input, and the power to turn off after 2min. as well.

This will avoid the unit consuming excessive battery power during alarms, messages or reminders that turn the device on when unattended.

Any meeting notice, reminder or alarm will turn the device to full power for the duration of the power time-out setting. If wi-fi was left on, that will be switched on as well during a reminder power on.

I cannot comment about the SDHC card using more power than an SD card.

For me, a 1-2% power loss in 24 hours is a non-issue.

5. GloryQuest

GloryQuest iPAQ 210 Owner

I have the same card and haven't notice any drain when that's the only one I have inserted. [​IMG]

6. KFulton

KFulton Chief cook/bottle washer

...and I have the 8G version of that card, no drain from that one for me.

7. frquixote

frquixote Mobile Deity

I also have the same card and see no drain except when I have the 32 GB CF card also installed.

8. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

Just a clarification. What I mean the battery drain with my 16G SDHC card in a day is 2-3%, i.e. in 24 hrs. If the CF card is also inserted then the battery darin is 2-3% in just 5-6 hrs.

I don't think the battery can stay on 100% after 24 hrs. when the SD card is inserted.

9. davethebossman

davethebossman Mobile Deity

Hi all, new to PPC, loving the site. Keep teaching me!!
    Anyway, i was browsing on sites to find help with WOW HD functionality on my iPAQ 210 (it kept displaying "no WOW HD driver found" and it wouldn't run) and i found some advice. Some post from

http://www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi/download-srs-wow-hd-sound-driver.html

and it works perfect for me after soft reset................

Wed2Apr at 4:14 am
    RUSH wrote...
    if someone, cannot works well (as missing the srs driver) recommanded that using regstry editing tool, HKLM>Drivers>BuiltIN>WavdDev change "data" of "OldDriver" as "Wavedev2.dll" (default is Wavedev.dll, the Wavedev2.dll is at \Windows ) save and reset. now you can see it on the controlpannel. Works Fine with my iPAQ212(210's AsiaPacific Version)

Thanks to RUSH and hope it helps any others.

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Former TX/Ipaq 210 User

bossmandave,
    Welcome to Brighthand.:D