Coca Cola Use of BlackBerries...

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by New Cell, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

This is a nice case study on Coca Cola's use of Research in Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry mobile e-mail system. The company is rolling out between 100 and 125 devices per month, which isn't an overwhelming amount considering the size of the company…
    In any case, the soft drink maker has deployed about 4,000 BlackBerries across 75 countries and is running 90 mail servers. The use case has gone far beyond simple mobile e-mail delivery and has become intertwined with more sophisticated applications such as mobile customer relationship management (CRM). This means that security, disaster recovery and other functions have become far more important…:newpalm:
    Put simply, the devices appear to have become more than a luxury. In some cases, Coca Cola executives say, the sheer volume of messaging makes it difficult for service providers the company retains to keep pace…;)
    Pandora's Box? :eek:

Link: http://hardware.silicon.com/pdas/0,39024643,39158952,00.htm

2. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

You always find the most interesting thought-provoking stories to share. Well, communication is the bling business for the 21st century. :newpalm:

3. New Cell

Thank you Vamp... I wrote many, many years ago for a newspaper and still enjoy it, but strictly on my own time for fun...:newpalm:

4. VampiressRN

Just think...if we didn't have opposable thumbs, the BlackBerries would not be very popular.

(I'm gonna try my hand at writing fiction this year....how hard can that be...look at how popular Harlequin Romance paperbacks are....gheeeez, those are like at a 3rd grade level readers skill...not that I have read a lot of them you know!!!)

5. New Cell

Keep this in Mind...Writing organizes your thinking....PERIOD!!! ;)

6. VampiressRN

Indeed it does, that is pretty much what I do with most of my time at work. Some of my thoughts might not need to be wrangled in though...you know, the free-floating unassociated stuff called fantacizing. :eek:

7. New Cell

Hmmmm, would seem to offer interest to our readers. Explain your fantacizing interest......:newpalm:

8. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

"Writing is like, uh, kinda different from, uh, like the way, uh, people kinda like talk like, uh, you know? 'Cause everyone can like, uh, see how you talk and stuff when you write it..." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dear Lord, I bemoan the loss of intelligent speech.... Why is the current generation so set on lowering the bar so low?**

**Beware, generalizations are abounding in this posting...

WyreNut

PS: Is this thought a retread from the past (enter number here) generations?

9. VampiressRN

I can already see that what little fiction writing I have done points out my minimal vocabulary....thank goodness for the thesaurus!!!

10. New Cell

Like the old saying, you can please some people part of the time but never all the people all the time...:newpalm: :newpalm: :newpalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.