Closest TX applications for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by KKSkysong, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKSkysong

KKSkysong Mobile Enthusiast

Hello,

I have been a very loyal Palm user for about 10 years now. I started with a Zire 21, Zire 31 and finally the TX.

I purchased a brand new TX from Palm last March. It lasted about 5 months. Palm sent me a 'refurbished' TX that also lasted about 4 months. None of this was due to misuse, neglect, or dropping it. I'm not going to bother sending it in for warranty repair because it cost me $45.00 shipping the last time!

I have now totally given up on Palm...

I just purchased a new IPod Touch.

I was wondering if anyone had anyone had any recommendations on Apps for the Touch that are the closest to the Palm 'Tasks' and Palm 'Memo' applications?

Alos, is there an app that is close to the Documents To Go, as I have a lot of MSWord and Excel Spreadsheets that I used to make use of on my TX.

Thank you for your help.

Ken

2. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

You probably would be better off having this in the Apple forum (there are a lot of former TX now iTouch users over there. Hopefully a mod will move this.

3. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

There isDocs To Go for the iPod Touch. Works Great. I personally use 2Do for Tasks and AwesomeNotes for notes/memos. These are my favorites but their are many, many, many others in the App Store. I also use 1Password for ALL of my "sensitive" information.

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

I use the "built in" notes app. I haven't found a 3rd party app that I really want to rely on just yet. On my blackberry, I synced over my Palm memos so that's one of the few things I still use on BB. Mobile Me keeps my BB and my iTouch in sync so I really could start using notes on the 'touch, I just haven't done so. Yet.

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

6. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

A decent "todo" is "shopshop" It is similar to the Palm in that you can have various lists, and you can sort them manually at least.

1password is a good encrypted login manager.

For memos, I use Evernote. It has a great desktop component as well, and it's all free.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, KKSkysong. :)

I have merged your two threads and located the resulting thread in the Apple forum, where you'll have better exposure for the results that you seek. Many of us (myself included) have used TXs and now are enjoying Apple products, either iPod Touch or iPhone. I'm still looking for some comparable apps, too. :) Good luck to us all. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.