Clean up space

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I've discovered yesterday that I've less than 5 Mb of free space left in my LD ram. I'm thus trying to clean up the mess. I've noticed a pretty large file (2 Mb), tile-cache.BGM ver. 0-0, which says having 1001-records in it. Calendar is also-1.6 Mb, and Versa Mail 2.9 Mb. Does somebody know what the first is, how to reduce the second, and why Versa Mail, that only has 117 messages in Inbox, and none in the other boxes is such size (and also says it has about 900 records)?
    Any cleaning help is really appreciated!

Luigi

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

1) Can't find anything on the web. What is the CreatorID, that should lead to the main program.

2)This can be reduced by a) purging all completed ToDo's, b) purging all appointments prior to a certain date (you can for either point select to 'Archive' to desktop)

3) Already checked Trash in Versamail ? You might want to empty that ...

3. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Thanks H, here some partial answers:

1) Sorry, I made a mistake: it is tile cache-GLM., which I found be a cache created by Google Maps. What I don't know is why it goes in RAM, and not in the SD (I'm running Google Maps from SD card).
    Anyway, I'll try to move this file to the Sd too, let'see if it works...
    2) OK, thanks, I'll purge Calendar appointments from Desktop. I just thought there was a way to do this from the LD, and not desktop)
    3) Trash, outbox, drafts, are all empty. Versa applications in Info says it is 2290k, and it says it has now 4329 records..anybody knows which records are? I do have 119 Messages in Inbox...if I use Filez, Multimail shows 5 files, which are:
    - Multimail 733k (the application, I guess)
    - Multimail attachments 418 k (don't know which attachments are, provided that Versa mail attachment go to the HD)
    - Multimail disconnected 738 k (who knows what's this...)
    - Multimail messages 330 k (I suppose those are my messages and/or boxes)
    - multimail_enUS 14k (I suppose those are languages, or something else)
    Always with FileZ, I can see that both attachments and disconnected files have "backup" as attribute. I wonder if I can safely delete those too at least...it would be more than 1 Mb recovered...any hint?

Luigi

4. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Luigi,

1) Cache is always in Main memory. You can maybe try to lower the size within Google Maps ? If you delete this, it will be recreated over time.
    2) You can also purge from within Calendar (normal day view, menu, record, purge...)
    3) I am lost here. I hope someone using Versamail pops in the help on this part (I use Snappermail, it can store messages on card).

5. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

luigi, I've religiously moved everything I can to my SD card (either using an app to shift its own databases or ZLauncher to create shortcuts). I have a whole heap of stuff on my T5 (including Versamail) but still have just shy of 40Mb spare in my RAM (plus 35Mb on my Internal card and 751Mb on my 2Gb SD card).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.