Christmas Gift for our son - LG V10

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Dec 24, 2015.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Funny LG story. Years ago, someone I knew lost their phone outside in the yard. Couldn't find it. It was an LG Chocolate I think. Anyway, the next season (after the winter and snow) he found it, charged it, and it worked! It blew my mind.

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I rolled the dice & got my G4 with another battery - so now I have 4. It took awhile to get everything installed that didn't automatically come over, but I'm up & running.

During one of the OTA updates the phone was working hard & was getting hot. I put it in front of a fan & it quickly cooled down. I've put the Auto Update setting for my Google Apps so I won't be updating a lot of apps all at the same time.

Hopefully this $89 phone will last. It will be my last G4. My LG v10 stands ready as a better backup.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Permanent solution:

usb-otg-fan-v2-original-imaefphvyfqmcmce.jpg

Better yet, flexible permanent solution:

61XK+csufzL._SL1100_.jpg

Seriously now, the G4 and V10 have seriously deficient heat management. The problem was not so much heat generation, but dissipation. The CPU dissipated heat over the screen's back panel, but only across the CPU's own surface area. Small area, lots of heat, recipe for disaster. I think a heat pipe would have solved this problem easily. When I decided to purchase a new phone and considered the G6 I did some research and found that it does have a heat pipe embedded on the phone's back panel. This means the CPU transfers heat using a very good heat conductor (copper), and dissipates over a larger area (whole pipe's length over the back panel).

4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Raspy - so funny & so informative & right!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

raspabalsa, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.