Christmas Gift for our son - LG V10

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by scjjtt, Dec 24, 2015.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Scott, I sincerely hope you don't really mean this. For me the V10 was the best option a year ago, based on the information that was available. Spec- and looks-wise, it would still be a great choice even now, except for the serious design flaw, and that hadn't become widely known back in June 2016. I enjoyed my time with the V10 and have lots of awesome pictures that no other phone I've had could have shot. In fact, until I used the V10 I held camera phones in contempt, so much that a good camera wasn't on my wish list. I plan to get another flagship as soon as my budget allows, and I may still consider the G6 and even the V20, because the cameras on LG phones seem to be among the best, both in terms of hardware and software. I will follow those two models closely to see if LG really has fixed the bootloop problems. And from now on I will get an extended warranty for every flagship phone I get :newpalm:

EdmundDantes, Mi An, Hook and 4 others like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I've course I was just joking. On paper & in experience the v10 was a great phone - except...

My son who just got married, you know, is on his 4th. T-Mobile keeps giving him another & we don't even have their warranty. I'm really surprised that they did it this summer when he came home from college because it had almost been 1.5 years. They must had been looking at how long he had it since the last replacement.

I'm happy that my son-in-law gave my new daughter-in-law one of his v10's but I'm concern with them going off to school that one or both of them will experience the boot loop. That's the last thing you need to happen to you in the middle of a school year.

FYI - looking at specs & design, I still would rather have the v10 over the v20. I think I'm going to enjoy the $89 G4 I got myself & Mrs scjjtt if they don't boot loop.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. scjjtt

Well maybe I should start a new thread but just a quick report on my LG G4. I have gone through the pain of individually installing almost all my apps. I could have transferred through Google what I had on the S4 - but after doing that I saw some Samsung stuff transferred so I did a factory reset & started over - installing one app at a time.

I have not noticed any speed difference from my v10. The size is just a little smaller but the corners are not as comfortable. Although the second screen on the v10 was cool - it wasn't necessary & I'm fine without it.

Sometime the G4 offers that I didn't have on my v10 is you can have up to 5 app icons appearing at the bottom of a locked screen. Swiping up on the app opens it.

For $89 it is a VERY nice phone. Hopefully will last & hopefully LG will send me a working v10 replacement.

Here's the case I got for it...

Spigen Slim Armor LG G4 Case with Air Cushion Technology and Hybrid Drop Protection for LG G4 2015 - Gunmetal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UMDPJFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_IDTqIj4tMa3Tp

Here is my present screen shot using Nova Launcher..
    [​IMG]

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

raspabalsa, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  5. scjjtt

And yes - that is the background for the Web OS Pre 3. I have used it on all my phones (since I never got a Pre 3) & even on my Asus Zenwatch 2.

6. scjjtt

Here is a screenshot of the lockscreen:[​IMG]

APPS:
    Phone - Textra - Calengoo - Galary - Camera

7. scjjtt

Today I started to fill out the warranty for my v10. I was almost done with it but read the stipulations that my receipt had to show the serial #. My receipt from Amazon didn't have it. I called LG & told the nice lady at LG of my dilemma. She asked for my IMEI #. I gave her the # & then she said she would send a shipping label to me via email.

The v10 is on its way to LG. Hopefully they'll send me one back that won't boot loop. It worked for my son-in-law hopefully it will work for me too.

lelisa13p, Mi An, Hook and 1 other person like this.
  8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

How do you port the Pre 3 background to the G4?

9. scjjtt

Ed - in the settings for the G4 in Lock Screen there is Wallpaper & I have the Pre 3 Wallpaper on my phone & I select it.

[​IMG]

For the Wallpaper for my Desktop I'm using Nova Launcher & I open up the settings-wallpaper & then go to the image.

If you'd like the pic I can send you a file. I took the files off of one of the six Touchpads that I've had in my possession across the years. The TouchPad also had a nice red design - I don't know if the Pre 3's had it or not. I have that one too as seen below.

[​IMG]

10. scjjtt

Just checked on LG's Track Repair & it indicates something is coming my way. The FedEx link says it is to be delivered on Saturday. Hopefully it is a working & fixed unit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Hook, lelisa13p, Mi An and 1 other person like this.