Christmas Gift for our son - LG V10

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by scjjtt, Dec 24, 2015.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Our son's S4 has been acting up - so we bit (finance through T-Mobile) & got him the new LG V10. He's is going to be totally shocked tomorrow.

I think, if I remember right, after tomorrow we may be the only household among our faithful here at B.H. with this phone. I think I'll tell him that he can only use it if he promises to write a review.

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

There's nothing like the smell of fresh technology. :newpalm: I like your instincts on the review. It's good practice trying to think through what other people might want to know about something.

3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Sounds good. I'm interested in that phone as well. Let us know how it is.

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

And was the Shock Factor as awesome as you anticipated? :vbsmile:

RickAgresta, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  5. scjjtt

Yes it was! He read my post (off my phone) & shocked was the best word to describe it. Thanks for asking!

6. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

So where's the review? :vbwink: :vbrolleyes:

Mi An, lelisa13p, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  7. scjjtt

Our daughter & son-in-law, with their 5 children (7 ,6, 5, 1.5 & 1 years old - all but one are adopted, the 1.5 year old is their biological. These adopted children are from the same mother but different fathers) just left to head back to San Diego after spending a week with us. Needless to say, we didn't have a lot of free time. I'll get him on it in the next few days.

Mi An, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm not sure we can be as patient as a 7, 6, 5, 1.5, & 1 year old, but we'll try. :)

raspabalsa, Mi An, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  9. scjjtt

...true, True, TRUE!

RickAgresta, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  10. scjjtt

Since I know that none of you are as patient as a 6, 5, 4, 1.5 & 1 year old (yeah, Grandpa got the oldest 3 ages wrong) I'll give a very short review since our 20 year old son has been super busy to write one (his work & then 4-5 hour worship band practices of which he basically organizes & plays drums in as they get ready for a teen retreat/ lock in at our church 12/31/15 - 1/3/16 - they do have some off campus activities).

The phone is really cool. The back side has a great sporty design making it so easy to grip & not have it slip out of your hands.

uploadfromtaptalk1451397245827.jpg

With that said, our family believes in cases - just in case it accidentally slips out of our hands & falls on our tile floor, SO - he ordered & received this case yesterday that keeps the phone's back side design that looks & feels exactly alike.

Obliq Flex Pro Shock Absorption Impact Resistant Slim Fit Soft TPU Flexible Bumper Case for LG V10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016WSNTC4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ShPGwb4KV9EGX

The phone is lighting fast. It scored over 28,000 on Quadrant's test. His S4 scored 13,000 plus on Quadrant & my S4 only scored 11,487. The LG V10 has an impressive 64 GB of internal memory with 4 GB of RAM.

For more tech specs here is a good site:

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v10-7606.php

It has 2 front screens - the top is always on that can show notifications, time & other things (he's learning more about that feature ). He really likes this feature.

It has 2 front cameras - one for normal selfies & another to give a wider & deeper view to easily catch others in the pic.

The main camera is 16 MP and laser autofocus - I don't know much about that but it sounds cool & I guess makes focusing more accurate.

The screen looks great - but don't they all these days.

Although the phone is large it is comfortable to hold. It has a special feature that will shrink the display down to a comfortable adjustable size that you can reach all your icons easily while holding it with 1 hand.

The power & volume button is on the back. He likes that but it does take some ''gettin' use to'' when watching a video & trying to adjust the volume from the back instead of from the phone's side.

The speakers are better than many phones & are located along the bottom edge of the phone (in portrait view) so when the phone is laying down on a flat surface the sound is not being blocked.

Well I hope that somewhat helps the review craving. It is a great phone that has a removable battery & external memory.

raspabalsa, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.