choosing what is synchronized

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by csonni, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

Been vague on this ever since my first day with my TX. On every sync, thre are lots of things that seem a waste of time to sync, for me at least. How does one set what is synced and what isn't? Also, I have documents on my SD card that I would like to have synced that I don't believe has been. I take it everything, other than the Conduit items (Memo, Calendar, etc) is synced to the Palm folder on the PC side. Any help here?

2. kdrude

kdrude Mobile Evangelist

You can customize which programs syncrhonize by using the options to change what the program conduit does when you hotsync. Right click on your hotsync icon in the lower right corner of your computer and clinck on "Custom". Go down the list of conduits and change what "Action" you want to happen at hotsync. You can change it for a single hotsync or as a default.

3. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

I forgot to mention I am using a Mac. I guess I should have stated that it is the backing up that I would like to configure. There are lots of non-essential files being backed up during a Hot Sync. I remember getting into some preference where you can check (on the TX) which item is backed up or not.

4. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

All your backups are saved to Users>Yourname>Documents>Palm>Users>Yourhotsyncname>Backups, Csonni. I am unsure as to what you think is non-essential - the more a HotSync backs-up, the better a restore from an emergency will be.

What are the documents on your card that you wish backed-up? The only automatic document backups from a card would be DocumentsToGo synchronising its files. :)

5. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

I have been using NV Backup for emergencies. Haven't had to use it yet, but I suppose you're right. More is better. I have several documents on my SD card (in the Documents folder), but I can't locate them on my MacBook where the TX is backed up to (where you stated).

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Your SD card is not automatically backed up by generic HotSync software, Csonni. Whan you say 'documents', what sort? Are they DocumentsToGo files?

7. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

Yes. They're Documents To Go files. How might I set those files to be backed up along with my Hot Sync?

8. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Go into DocumentsToGo and in the main screen with nothing open you will see a list of the documents under the headings of i(nformation) Name Size (HotSync symbol) and card logo. Underneath the HotSync symbol column, tap the dash to turn it into a HotSync symbol for each file you want synchronised with the desktop component. :)

9. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

Is this desktop component you speak of accessible? All my documents as you suggested already are assigned the logo. Hmmm.

10. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

You do have the desktop component of DocumentsToGo installed on your Mac from the accompanying software CD, don't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.