Choose My Next Phone! :D

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by NetBrakr, Apr 6, 2015.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Hmmm I am not sure if I have a problem. But two weeks ago, I noticed that my Zmax Pro battery's standby "seems to" be draining faster. I am not sure what is causing it. I even tried doing a factory reset on it, but nope, that didn't helped. Just couple of hours ago, I did a test just to see if it just the battery, seemed like the battery is fine. It charged at normal time. I did a 1 hour video test with max brightness, max volume from internal speaker, streaming Youtube video at 480p, HSPA speed, and no power saving. In 1 hour, the battery dropped 20%. To me that seems normal.

Maybe it's just my imagination. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scjjtt likes this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I'm sure you probably already know this but just in case you can easily see what is using the most of your battery by going into settings after you have had your phone on for awhile & go into the Battery & Power & then open up the Settings & then look at the Battery Usage (in your settings it may be labeled a little different).

Shortly after I got my LG v10 I noticed that early in the day my battery was quite down. I opened up the Battery Usage & saw that an app that I didn't use at all that day was the 3rd highest use of battery throughout that day (it was ABC15 - Phoenix's ABC's app). Since I didn't have it on my previous rooted S4 because AdBlocker would prevent any of their videos from opening, I felt like I sure didn't need the app, especially with the battery drain even when I wasn't using it.

You are probably aware of this but if not - this might be good to look into.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

3. NetBrakr

Yeah, I tried that, no suspicious app.

Yeah, it seems like it's draining faster when doing nothing, even it's in airplane mode. Compare that with my Mega, barely quiver.

scjjtt likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

You said you did a factory reset, but did you run it that way for a while? If the problem persists with nothing installed, then it would make it more likely it's something with either the OS/launcher or battery/power system. If not, then you know you need to hunt down a misbehaving app or wakelocks.

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  5. NetBrakr

scjjtt likes this.
  6. NetBrakr

Hm, since yesterday I noticed the standby draining problem appears to be gone. Saturday, I was using it heavily, but it was typical usage, except for one thing, I turned on the "Location" feature for a short time to tried an app, Waze (still won't work on the ZMax Pro).

I guess that there is an OS software glitch.

7. NetBrakr

Sorry cell manufactures, but my next phone will be Samsung. I dont want to risk to have lack of particular features as my ZTE phones doesnt have.

Btw, I upgraded my ZTE Zmax Pro to B14 and my Samsung Galaxy J5 to marshmallow.

8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Which features are you lacking with ZTE?

9. NetBrakr

Bluetooth tethering; and the WiFi hotspot in my ZTE devices doesn't work with my computers.

10. NetBrakr

My next phone will be the Samsung Galaxy J7 J710M to replace my Samsung Galaxy Mega, still running Jelly Bean. But it will take some time, around March-April. Once I got it, all of my phones will be running Marshmallow.

scjjtt likes this.