Choose My Next Phone! :D

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by NetBrakr, Apr 6, 2015.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I am going to buy my next phone sometime on December. So this will be plenty for you guys TRY to convince me to get another brand. :p

Here is my list of possible phone.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Max
    Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
    Samsung Galaxy Grand
    Samsung Galaxy E5
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Mega

As of now, all of these phones I can get it under $300, brand new. So it should be cheaper on December, which will make my wallet happy.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Frankly, of all on your list, I would zero in on the S4 and Note 2 as they will have the greatest support, repair options and available accessories. Also, probably greatest ROM support if you ever want to update unofficially. Truth to tell, I haven't tried to track all these other zillion Sammy models, so don't know how specs compare. December is a long ways off and it could be the S5 or even Note 3 might fall into your price window, in which case, you would have a longer support tail. Maybe not. However, it is going to be hard to make a choice now for December.

weegie and scjjtt like this.
  3. NetBrakr

4. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

I don't see any "other" brands listed to try and convince you with NetBrakr....mmmmfff, I know, just buy a Samsung!!;)

Seriously though, what about the later versions of the Note and S* in second hand guise ?, some people are like me and don't hang on to things for very long, second hand android models aren't good at keeping their resale value where I live, even if they're in mint condition.I'd personally prefer to get a later second hand version in good condition than an older previous model new, maybe not such a big difference between an S4 and S5 but the Note's stylus and stylus software has improved dramatically on the later model....if that part of a Note interests you.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  5. NetBrakr

Well you can TRY to convince me to get an iPhoney, weegie. :p

Buying a second hand device can save some dollars, but I am worried about condition of the device, possible lies from the seller. So I am buying new one whenever it's possible, unless money is tight.

Oh, if I get the Note, I don't plan to use the stylus. Just like having a bigger screen. I can get the original Note for under $200, new.

scjjtt likes this.
  6. NetBrakr

Maybe I should wait for this. :p

gsmarena_001.jpg

7. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

I would go with the S4.

scjjtt likes this.
  8. NetBrakr

Yeah that's what I am aiming to get, but the octa-core version.

9. NetBrakr

If I wasnt so loyal to Samsung, the Asus Zenfone 2 would be one of the choices.

Hmmmmmmm.....

10. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

The Zenfones are pretty nice and quite underrated in my opinion. Asus Zen user interface overlay is one of the best overlays for Android in my opinion.