Cheapest/Best place to get 210/211/214?

Discussion in 'HP iPAQ 210 Enterprise Handheld' started by judgecrandall, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judgecrandall

judgecrandall Mobile Enthusiast

Any suggestions as to the best/cheapest place to get the 210? $420 at various places is the cheapest I've seen for US stores. I remember reading that some Canadian stores have it for under 400, but I'm not sure if that still applies since I'm in the US. I don't need to get one right now (although I'm itching to get my hands on one). Think there's any chance of a price drop in the not too distant future? Thanks for your help.

2. Karras

Karras Mobile Evangelist

This is more aimed at Brits reading this really but, since you mentioned the 214 (which is the EU only version, I think), the cheapest I've seen was digital-fusion.co.uk.

I got mine from them, though it did arrive a day later than expected. I also got the impression their sales department do not speak to the dispatch department much (assuming the two are seperate). I got conflicting information as to when the item had been dispatched. They did at least respond to emails pretty quick so, whict not a 100% recommendation, they were pretty good all things considered.

3. Techieguy

Techieguy Mobile Deity

Hey judgecrandall, welcome to Brighthand!

There is quite a few vendors in canada selling it bellow 400$. Altough i am not sure if it will come out to be much of an advantage once you add shipping to the states and possible tax you might pay at the border (customs).

I personally bought mine from softmagic.ca, as for the experience they offered excelent communication and services. I was able to get it for 351$ if i recall correctly, they recent raised their price to something around 360$. Atm i beleive cendirect has the cheapest price @ 346$

I have heard good things about this reseller before and they also have a 1-800 number if you want to give them a call.

So far the 210 is a great device, i can recommend it wholeheartedly.

Hope this helps.

4. abagley

abagley noob

i would say its worth it to spend a bit more and order from a site that has a solid warranty program.

My device was defective and the site where i ordered has strung me around for over a week.

5. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I believe Cendirect still has it for $390 shipped to the US.

6. LocutusBorgMan

LocutusBorgMan Mobile Enthusiast

Thats pretty good. No taxes added on top of that?
    Cheapest e-tailers in the US according to a pricegrabber shear are buydig.com and beachcamera.com for $419 shipped. Buy.com also had it for $419 but just jacked the price up to $435 shipped.

7. judgecrandall

Hmm, I just checked them out and it looks like they are shipping from Canada. Anyone know if that will add any additional fees, and if so, how much those might be? I've never ordered anything from Canada, so not really sure if that will complicate things, i.e. in the event of a return/exchange or if I need repairs.

Yeah, that's why I'm leaning towards Costco, even though it is cheaper elsewhere, as they have a very good return policy.

8. dceggert

dceggert Mobile Deity

Wow, I just got mine from buy.com for the 419.99 and free shipping. I bought two movies too and the total price came to 447, just shy of the HP direct price.

9. kylehca

kylehca Mobile Deity

I got mine from cendirect here in Canada for $387, And love it:newpalm:

10. ricky818

ricky818 Newbie

FYI, I ordered one in Hong Kong for HK$2580 which is about US$332.

11. Shur

Shur Mobile Deity

When ordering from across the border you may get charged a customs fee which equals out to whatever sales taxes you have in your area plus a 'handling fee'. The customs fee is applied to what the customs agent believes is the value of the item, not the stated or actual value.

Some companies will not honor warranties if you do not live in the country you're buying from

12. Adama D. Brown

Now that's a deal! Welcome to Brighthand, ricky818.

13. Techieguy

Techieguy Mobile Deity

That is quite a deal, care to share where you bought it from?

Distributor, VAR / Reseller, Ebay or online store?

Im sure the community would apreciate. ;)

14. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Mobile Evangelist

Does anybody know of a brick an mortar place in Tucson, AZ that would have any 210 to look at?

15. ricky818

ricky818 Newbie

I ordered it directly from HK hp site with special offer to corporation.:)

16. apmichael

apmichael Mobile Enthusiast

Can you order one more for me please? I am from HK too.:D

17. judgecrandall

This is the cheapest price I've found anywhere. Not sure how reputable this place is, though. Seems kinda shady, as their Google Checkout link doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any experience with this place?

18. glarkin

glarkin Mobile Consultant

BBB says file opened Feb. 2008. No complaints in the last 36 months LOL.
    Guess it's too soon to tell but I'd be cautious.

19. Adama D. Brown

Personally, if it opened last month, I'd say stay away, far away. Just my thoughts.

20. buckyg

buckyg Mobile Deity

For US folks who happen to have a Micro Center near you and want to try before you buy... I was just at the one near KC and they have a display model. Not sure if they had any in stock or how the price compares. Anyway, this is the first one I've actually seen in a brick & mortar store.