Charging issue with Xperia X10. Battery or something else?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by SocketSet, Jan 27, 2014.

1. SocketSet

SocketSet Newbie

I’ve been using a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 for about a year and a half and it takes a long time to charge. This has been happening for about the last six weeks and getting worse. At this point it hardly charges at all. When plugged in overnight it picks up around 5% charge. While I use the phone quite a bit, I put it into airline mode over night while charging, but still no real gain. While it sounds like a battery issue, I just want to make sure that there isn’t some other issue(s) I should check before shelling out the money.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Welcome to Brighthand

Is the wall charger working as it should? Is it the one that came with the phone (many replacement chargers don't have the same specs as the original charger)?

Is the cable the original?

If the phone is turned off & charged, is there a difference in how well the battery charges (by off, I mean OFF, not just the screen is dark & in airplane mode)?

Did you add anything new to the phone -- software, primarily -- just before the problem started?

In Palm days, I'd ask if you done a soft reset, as that would cure many ills -- in this case, a battery pull & restart might be the equivalent…

Hope this helps!

Hook and scjjtt like this.