Change User Name

Discussion in 'PDAs and Handhelds' started by EurekaSam, Dec 29, 2012.

1. EurekaSam

EurekaSam Mobile Enthusiast

I just had to do a hard Reset on my Palm T-5.
    No problem there but when I was reconfiguring it I inadvertently entered a name that was then entered on my T-5.
    It also shows up on my desk top as a user name with my old username that has all the data in that's in my computer.

I would like to reinstall my old user name, that matches the data in the computer on my T-5.
    I have looked every where. One place, (HOW"s ??) wanted $30.00 for one question.:(

I'm sure I can find the solution to my problem here.:newpalm:

TIA,
    Sam

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Google for ChangeName. it was freeware, and does just what it says. If it's no longer available, send me a PM with your email & I'll send you a copy.

Also, in the TX forum, there's a sticky post which has links -- look for
    " TX Tricks & Solutions for Common Issues (Multi-Sticky)". in it you want the " Best Free TX Apps" thread. The TX forum is in the 'Palm devices' forum. Lots of great apps, most of which work well on T5

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    lelisa13p likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

4. EurekaSam

I must have lost this message when I went to do a PM.
    BTW I,m going to check out the links you provided. Maybe I'll find an easier way.

Nothing but progress here!
    The mistake I made after a Hard Reset was to give my Tungsten T- 5 a new name instead of using my existing name. The new name on the T-5 would not sync with the existing data on my Palm Desktop.
    I looked far and wide for a fix on getting my user name on the PDA changed to match the name on my desktop. No luck!
    Everywhere I looked they gave me instructions on how to change the user name on the Palm Desktop. Not the problem!

Finally, I did another Hard Reset and entered the original user name, to match the name where all the data was on my Palm Desktop.
    This sure has been a learning curve. I only hope someone else can profit from my mistake.
    Sam

5. EurekaSam

Can anyone give me a link to D/L a Palm Desktop for Win 7?

Sam