Change the Channel...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by New Cell, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

How often my friends do you change the viewing channel. Your only desire is to watch something of interest and hope to see something other than doom and gloom...
    Is it just me, that the inevitable choice is a high/definition movie that I can sitback and relax...
    Otherwise! the ongoing search for entertainment seems to be an ongoing search for entertainment... :newpalm:

2. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

3. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

This is the first quote in that link and it is sooo untrue....I am ruled by the internet. :p :p :p :p

Yes, I agree with you New Cell. I just came into my bedroom, plopped down on the bed and turned on my tv...hoping for something "light" and entertaining. What did I get, a different murderous crime show on every other channel. What happened to just good ol' entertainment. Law and Order is great and all but dang, how many variations of that show do we REALLY need?

That's why I don't watch much TV, there's nothing on.

4. dogbarber

If it were'nt for the Mrs., I'd axe all of mine.

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

At work we have DirectTV with several hundred channels. When I sit to watch TV I often scroll through the guide searching the movie channels. More often than not I end watching Fox, mainly for the series... well, mainly for The Simpsons, actually :D. TNT is my second choice, especially for Battlestar Galactica. Other than that, it's very much like NC and OHD said, a long search often ended playing a movie in the DVD

6. dogbarber

I'll only watch it if I know there is something I want to see coming on. As soon as it's over, off it goes.

7. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Podcasts are good, so are books and RSS feeds... :newpalm:

House and Lost are about all I attempt to watch these days. Once in a while I'll catch Masterpiece Theatre. I'm totally burned out on sorry sitcoms, night-time soaps, and crime crime crime.

8. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

House and Grey's Anatomy! :newpalm:

I wish I could only pay for Disney, Discovery Channel, my local news station, CNN, ABC for those two blocks, ESPN and the Tennis channel. THEN I'd get my money's worth from Time Warner. As it stands, they are robbing me blind! :rolleyes:

9. noobette

noobette AKA skeletal_surfer

I get one channel with my rabbit-ears antenna. The good news is that the one channel is PBS! Cable is not offered out here in the hinterlands. We are heavy Netflix users. I'm happy not to have dozens of channels of trash to sift through, although I would love to get HBO. Waiting for The Sopranos to come out on DVD is torture!

10. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

I have dozens of channels, but - due to my working hours being staggered - usually find myself watching infomercials at 3am. Which I always find hilarious. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.