Cellphone Cases

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by namerif, Jan 5, 2017.

1. namerif

namerif Zero Defects

So the always lovely Mrs namerif surprised me with an iPhone 6S plus for my birthday. It's very sleek - and a bit slippery in my not so deft hands. :eek:

What do we like in protective cases for these things? My last cellphone was a Samsung flip phone and wasn't as fragile as this appears to be. :newpalm:

Hook likes this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

grats on the gift; kudos to the Missus :newpalm:

as far as I know, cases come in a few broad cateogries: those that make them less slippery but provide minimal protection (silicone bumper cases); those that really do a good job of protection (very tough plastic hard parts); those that may do nothing but enhance the "look" of the phone for its owner (like NetB's Hello Kitty case)

if it's just too slippery in your hand, give the silicone bumper case a try -- they are easy to find, and are rather inexpensive. That was the situation for my Galaxy S3 -- the back was slippery as all without a case of some kind -- I eventually bought a silicone-style case, which added a little bulk, but was a vast improvement over no case.

for my S5, though, given that my current job includes lots of opportunities for a phone to fall and commit suicide, I got this (not as well designed as an OtterBox, but I grabbed it on sale for $5)
    20170105_164359-1.jpg
    sorry for the small size, but the full-size was too big, I thought. The top and bottom are just the exposed part of the silicone that the whole phone goes into first; then the silicone slips into a kevlar (thats what they said) case. The screen, though, is unprotected.

namerif and Hook like this.
  3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Amazon is an excellent source of cheap cases in every style, so you can get a handle on what you like without spending a lot.

Personally if you're going with amazon, look at Poetic and SupCase. IMO they offer great value at a much lower price than the name brand cases.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and namerif like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I have the iPhone 6s. My Otter Box case is okay but my wife loves her Rose Gold Spigen Tough Armor case. It looks like the Plus version includes a kickstand.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RickAgresta and namerif like this.
  5. namerif

namerif Zero Defects

I'm interested in improving grip more than enhancing dropability (is that even s word?) :vbconfused:

6. RickAgresta

scjjtt, jigwashere and namerif like this.
  7. RickAgresta

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    jigwashere likes this.