Cassi whines - Netb's fault

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cassidy0423, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

cassi, it really looks like they do install one on top of the other, double-decker fashion (nods to Nine, Streaky, LizG and ex-Brit bluefish). I say this based on the crayon drawings from their user manual, page 145, blown-up by 3x; the URL is http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00569409.pdf

I suspect it will be a tight squeeze, but still and all, thats how they go, I betcha. My offer from page one still stands, btw. and congrats on Peyton's Big Day! :D

EDIT: <sheepishly, RA says:> uh, oh, yeah, you made a lot of really good progress, doing all that other tek-ni-kul stuffs, too (really, you did :newpalm:)

2. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

The Colts thank you:D Oh and me too of course.

I forgot to pat myself (and my BH guru's) on the back as I accomplished all of this with NO help from At&t or HP:mad:

I'm freakin amazed by me:eek:

I guess I will try to install the 2nd 1gb, but not tonight. I'm afraid my luck will run out.

Now I want to figure out what I can delete from the startup menu and all the cr@p that I don't need from the XP install.

Thanks again everyone for all of your help :)

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

hey, there, you...CCleaner is a free product which makes cleaning up unneeded startup items somewhat easy (their website says the original name was CrapCleaner, but they re-thought the overall marketing aspect, and so on...)

http://www.ccleaner.com/

free advice: if you're tired already, put it on hold for the evening and relax; you deserve it. :)

4. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Congrats!

As for removing unneeded stuff: I'd recommend starting with Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Scroll through that and uninstall undesired stuff. Next, I'd look through all of the Start Menu items and see which have "Uninstall" selections. Uninstalling things in this manner cleans up a bit more of the misc bits, registry entries, etc.

Keep up the good work! And, of course, keep us posted. ;)

EDIT: Seems GatoRAiD was posting while I was posting and watching TV... I've never used CCleaner, but ol' Rick is pretty clever. If that would make it simpler / more convenient for ya... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.