Can't ... resist... any... longer - best price on T3?

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by Flandry, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flandry

Flandry Mobile Evangelist

Okay, somethings gotta give. Can someone please help me out?

I need either
    1- Substantial news about the next gen POS devices (coming with both landscape screen and WiFi)

or

2- Pointers to the best place to buy a T3

Newegg has it cheapest i've found (~$335), but i'm wondering if it's worth getting somewhere that will offer an extended warranty like Best Buy. Local Best Buy price is $400, 20% more.

I don't want to order online and get stuck with an inferior screen. What other options are there?

What is the return policy for missing pixels?

Thanks for help, one way or another. :)

2. iam4ecu

iam4ecu T3 owner - 5th Palm

I'm a sucker - I went to the Palm site and bought mine. They are offering the MP3 kit for free $99 their money - more like $50-60 value as it includes a 64MB SD card, headphones and a USB SD adapter), free shipping (if you can wait) and a $5 warranty upgrade to 2 years. Other than that, I'd have bought it locally so i could see the screen...

Have gone nuts - just bought a 256MB Lexar SD card and a SWEET Vaja case - should be here just in time for Christmas...

3. Ben S

Ben S Mobile Deity

I used Palm's "Palm Pays Back" program to get my TT3 for 50% off from the Palm Store. Of course, I had to ask seven people who'd recently bought Palms to donate their points to me... they were happy to do so, since I did, in fact, recommend their Palms to them.

4. handorf

handorf Mobile Deity

I've always bought electronic products from Best Buy so that when I'm traveling on business I can go to the local BB in whatever city and get a replacement or upgrade (which I dd yesterday). Of course you have to pay 20% more than buying it fron an online retailer and you need to purchase their Replacement Plan, but peace of mind is worth more to me than saving a few dollars.

5. hkklife

hkklife Mobile Deity

Hmmm, I bought my T3 approximately 2 weeks ago at my local BB and it was $339.99, with the T2 being $279.99. I don't know if that was a temporary price reduction or a permanent markdown. Over on PIC, many users throughout the country are reporting different prices for theT3 based on their location-but Best Buy's official price does still seem to be $400.

6. handorf

handorf Mobile Deity

About a week ago BB' price, in OKC, was $339. Yestereday it went back to $399. Guess it was just brief promotional :(

Bil

7. hkklife

hkklife Mobile Deity

At $339, it's almost a no-brainer to buy it from BB with the assurance of their warranty. At $400, you're probably better off going with Newegg, since you're not going to find a lower price from a reputable company.

Regardless, with the T3's brief but spotty track record so far, and in light of the battery life problems, I think that $350 is the proper MSRP for the unit--and the T2 definitely needs to drop down to $279 and stay there.

When/if Palm releases a "refreshed" T3 with 128mb ram, better battery life and all of the bugs updates in ROM, $399 will be the perfect price for a perfect handheld!

8. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Be sure to check out Shopper.com for a list of stores and their prices for the T3. The lowest I see is $330.

9. mjd

mjd Mobile Enthusiast

The week before Thanksgiving week Circuit City was offering the T3 with a $60 gift card rebate. As I have seen them do on a number of occasions in the past, Best Buy seemed to be matching it during that week on a list price basis. Once Circuit City's offer was over, so was the Best Buy special.

Side note: that same weekend BB celebrated the remodeling of three stores in my area with a coupon in the paper for a $100 gift card when purchasing over $300. My T3 was $339.95 - 100 gift card = $239.95. And lest you insist a gift card isn't cash, I spent more than that at BB over the weekend for Christmas gifts.

mike d

10. Flandry

Flandry Mobile Evangelist

Just for the record, i bought from NewEgg and also picked up their discount Palm discount that includes a free screen replacement and the direct exchange, all for quite a bit less than $400.

Too bad i didn't get in on any of the better deals, but oh well. I've got Palm in hand, and there aren't any obvious flaws with it.

I'm trying to figure out how to get my card reader to work, and which software i need. I'm feeling a bit dead in the water because it doesn't come with all the useful utilities like file managers and card backups and such that my Handera did.

11. hp46168

hp46168 Rebel without a pause

12. kbandy2004

kbandy2004 Ford Mustang: The Best

Try e-bay!!

13. ochiruna

ochiruna Mobile Enthusiast

check out jandr.com for an interesting offer for those who like listening to books. $100 off jandr's price (about $360) if you also agree to a one-year subscription ($15/month) to audible.com. the offer also applies to other items, btw, and since i already have a t-3, i took advantage of the offer to purchase an ipod mini.