Can't install handheld files with MacBook

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by csonni, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

Using the latest version of Palm Desktop (rev.D). In attempts to install files, I will drag a file to the window and nothing will happen. I never had this issue on my G5 Power PC. Is there an issue with Intel Macs and Palm Desktop? Everything else seems okay. It's just with the "Install handheld files" option.

2. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

Anyone have a solution? Can't figure this one out.

3. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

I'm sorry I didn't see your post until today!

So you are trying to drag & drop files onto the install handheld files window?

First of all, I have a G4 iMac, so any issues with the Intel Macs and PD I don't know about. However, I've been around here for a while and no one has appeared to have trouble.

Second, when I install files I don't normally drop them onto the window. I use the Send to Handheld droplet, which can be found in the Palm folder in Applications. If you use that, will the files get put into the queue?

Have you also tried adding them to the list by clicking on the Add to List button in the upper right of the window and choosing the files from a dialog box? I know dragging & dropping is easier, but perhaps you've discovered an issue with the Intel Macs that hasn't come up before.

good luck,
    Robb

4. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

Okay. Thanks. I'm making headway here. I dropped the file onto the "Send To Handheld" droplet. I got this: The File " " cannot be installed on your handheld or SD card. You do not have sufficient priveleges to access thefile, folder or volume." I think I am also getting this when synching Pocket Quicken. I am the administrator. How do I gain such access for this procedure?

5. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

I get this error in my HotSync log:
    Loading “Install Conduit”
    Conduit “Install” version 3.0.0
    Sync type is Install/Restore
    - Unexpected error number -5000
    synchronization failed
    Install synchronization failed
    'Install' failed (error = You do not have the necessary access privileges. See the administrator for assistance.)

I am wondering if this may be my problem and what to do about it.

6. csonni

csonni Mobile Deity

I seem to have fixed all the problems I've been having. I checked in my Documents-Palm User-Install Files folder on my G5 (which was synching fine) and saw an SD card folder there. I copied it over to my MacBook in the same place and the synching is working fine. Not sure why the SD card folder wasn't there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.