Can't HotSync

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Wayne Siegel, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Siegel

Wayne Siegel Mobile Evangelist

I am unable to hot sync my LifeDrive with my eMac with OS 10.3.9. I haven't had this problem for some time and I am not sure what to do about it. When I push the HotSync on the cable nothing shows up on my Desktop. The SetUP and the Conduits arefine. I reset my LifeDrive. I restarted my computer and disconnected and reconnected the cable. I had just updated some software including unsuccessfully updating iCal(I'm not sure why I did that because I don't use it.) However after doing that I can't seem to sync my LifeDrive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wayne

2. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Have you tried cleaning the connectors?

3. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

There was something related to this on the latest 1src podcast: already tried repairing permissions for PalmDesktop ?

4. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

This would appear to be your problem.

5. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

I know you said your setup was fine, and I believe you. But sometimes things get jumbled.....

Usually when the button on the cradle doesn't activate sync, its because there's a problem with the Transport Monitor app. Make sure that this app is in your login items (Accounts pref pane) and that its actually running by using Activity Monitor (in Applications > Utilities). If it is running, you might go ahead and kill it thru activity monitor and logout/in and try again.

Sorry if this is insultingly simple. Just trying to help. Sometimes the little things slip. At least for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.