Cannot Start-Code 10 Error

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by Rkool, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rkool

Rkool Mobile Enthusiast

Hi
    Can someone Please help me? I have a Tungston T-5.
    I unpluged my USB cable from my USB hub, to take it on a trip with me when I came back, I could no longer Hot Sync. When I researched this a little, I went into the Device Manager, under the Palm OS Hand Held Devices, there is a question mark ion the Palm Handheld. I clicked this and it say's Device Cannot Start ( Code 10 ) when I click on details it say's Root/Unknown. I have Windows XP Pro
    Can anyone help, I do daily hot sync operations, and have put about 20 hours into research trying to fix this.
    Frustrated, Please Help:confused:

2. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

Are you using the same UserID (as before) for logging into the XP system? Don't use the quick switch - always log out and log back in as the correct user.

3. Rkool

Rkool Mobile Enthusiast

Do you mean as the adminstrator? If this is the question, yes I am.
    If you are refering to something else, please let me know,and if thats it, I will be forever grateful.
    Thanks, Ray
    P.S cute puppy

4. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

Yeah, it almost sounded like a rights issue. I don't have any other quick fixes in my bag of tricks, sorry.

Sasha thanks you! <she's glad someone is being nice to her so soon after she killed a neighbor's chicken>

5. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

No idea - sorry Rkool.

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, Rkool. :)

In the future, please post to your original thread & don't double post. It's harder for you to find your answers in several places & harder for helpers to see what's already been addressed. :)

I have merged this thread with your earlier one.

7. Rkool

Rkool Mobile Enthusiast

A Syncing we will go !!!
    I ordered a new cable and it didn't work ! Then I did a soft reset and pluged the Palm in ------ and WALA Windows built a driver and now I am sync ing. After about 40 hours of removing and installing the software, reading every help info I could get, going into the registry and searching and removing files and re-routing all of my usb cables.
    IT FINALLY WORKED
    Although something interesting happened, right before Windows built the driver, I noticed, that Windows did an automatic Update to my computer - WOW, now I don't know what fixed the problem but who cares IT WORKS.
    I just want to THANK everyone who helped me
    THANK You, Ray

8. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

You're welcome! (Even though it looks like you got it done yourself...)

9. Rkool

Rkool Mobile Enthusiast

I will start from the begining.
    I have a Palm T-5 and am running XP Pro on the computer.
    One day I unpluged the USB from a hub and pluged it back in but it would not Sync.
    I uninstalled and installed the Palm program about 30 times, ran the USB cleaner, tried pluging it into different USB ports (on the front and back of the computer), bought a new Hot Sync cable, moved my user ID file and renamed it, did about 60 soft resets, checked adminstration right on the computer, tried it on my old computer, did a hard reset and am losing my hair at 10 times the normal rate.
    Here's what happens; I do a soft reset, hook it up to the hot sync cable and the device manager reconizes the device, as soon as I try to hot sync, the device drops out and will not be reconized unless I do a soft re-set.
    Also when I load the Palm desk top (from the disc w/ all programs closed), at the end of loading, I get an ERROR message; Hot Sync Wizard Has Encountered a problem and needs to close.
    I would be forever gratefull for some help, I wish I had a doller an hour for all the time I have sprent on this.
    Thanks, Ray

10. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

Well I am not sure my advice is going to be that helpful from the above.

I would make sure that the hotsync icon is in the icon bar. If not, then the hotsync manager is not running. If the icon is there, I would consider uninstalling the palm desktop and reinstalling. It also gives you the oppritunity to check and see if you have the most up to date desktop.

Sorry not more helpful and good luck.