Can Nokia gets its magic back with Lumia 920?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by webbjames, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I already answered that. It was ONLY AVAILABLE ON ONE PLATFORM at first and a small one at that. Where did you think it would go. We obviously differ on what 'nowhere' is. T-Mobile and lots of mindshare is not 'nowhere' in my book. Maybe it is in yours. So much for my trying to come to your side with my original comment. I'll let you hang on your own in the future.

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Similarly, Windows Phone 7 only had its flagships on one carrier--if you weren't on AT&T, you couldn't get either the HTC Titan series or the Lumia 900. With Android, in year 3, Verizon got the Motorola Droid and blew the Android market wide open (from 8% of sales to 42% of sales). In year three of Windows Phone, with the advent of WP8, Verizon is switching from a single lower-tier WP phone to all three WP flagships and T-Mobile is now carrying a WP flagship device instead of lower-tier devices. Seems to me that it's not unfair to draw some comparisions to year three of Android.

I don't understand where this animosity is coming from. I didn't insult any posters or any companies. Android exploded from 8% market share to 42% in year three...that's all I was talking about when I said "Android went nowhere for two years too. It exploded in year three." Candidly, I don't understand why both you and weegie are trying to personally attack me in this thread. I really don't feel it's warranted and it's certainly out-of-character with the calm, pleasant, often-humorous nature of Brighthand discussions in general.

3. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Nokia has just announced that both the Lumia 920 and the Lumia 820 are AT&T exclusives.

Nokia Lumia 820 - Windows Phone with Wireless Charging - Nokia - USA

Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Phone with PureView Camera - Nokia - USA

Nokia is now dead to me. What an asinine decision. No wonder Microsoft chose HTC to be the face of Windows Phone and is considering a Surface Phone as "plan b."

4. Thomatt25

Thomatt25 Newbie

I agree with your opinion. Most computers run Windows OS and the users will probably upgrade to the latest OS because they are interested, the change is inevitable. After they will start thinking about having the same OS on their other devices. I personally own a Nokia Lumia 710 with Windows Phone 7 OS. I was always a big fan of Nokia and I think the Windows Phone 7 OS is really good. By the way I am developing an app for it. I use a guide that offers code snippets (in case you are interested, this is only an advice: Ozeki C# VoIP SDK - A SIP SDK for software developers). The Nokia Lumia 920 is a great phone and I belive it will have a chance to compete with iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3.