Can I use a SDHC card in my T3?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Rubyrose, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Rubyrose

Rubyrose Newbie

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. It's kind of strange. I have a 1 G card that I use to backup my Palm w/ BUM. There are maybe 7 days worth of backups. Then I put Mobipocket Book reader on it & it wouldn't hold a complete book. It ran out of space. Maybe its uses up a lot of space for the backups.

I have a lot going on now with a new computer & OS to figure out. I'm just not technical so iut takes me a lot longer to figure out how to do things that are new. Once I do them several times then it sticks but until then I just keep plugging away.

By the way do I need to download Dimitry's programs to be able to use a 2 G card?

Before I start to use a 2G card I will get back on here & see if you can walk me through formatting my 2G card then I will download a book or two & see what happens.

Thanks so much

2. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

Rubyrose: Your T3 can read what is already on a card that is a 2gig SD only. So you plug the card into the computer and load a book on it. You then plug it into the T3 and see if it will read it. You do not need an expensive fast card for this. You will not be able to write to this card with your T3 without other software that has been described.

3. Rubyrose

Rubyrose Newbie

Hi Reb1,

Thanks for the reply. I've had a question about using SD cards & I keep forgetting to ask it.

You said that you can read but not write on a bigger SD card. Can I delete books once I've read them? Then can I put new books on the card once I've deleted the ones I have read?

Thanks so much.

4. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

The write restriction is only on your T3. Any computer will be able to install and erase books that are on the card.