Can I get my work emails without IT support?

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by melmoe, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Here I have to disagree with you. If I have the cash, why not ask the concierge service to get me a table half-a-world away? You don't have to be nasty about it; but if I had a G650, you bet your bum I'd be flying to Paris or London on occasion and need to make a rezzie.

The truth of the matter is, the invite isn't THAT hard to come by. It's just a matter of spending, and a lot of people I know use the card for EVERYTHING if they can. I get the Platinum invite about every 6 months. I don't travel enough to make it worthwhile; but it is a good deal if you do.

The coolest thing about the Centurion Card is that it's really METAL (aluminum it seems), with beveled edges (subsidiary account linked cards are plastic).

2. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

I ain't saying it can't be done. I only said it's weird :D

Well, in fact you're right. It all comes down to that. The reason I consider it's hard, is that lots of people wish for it, and it can't be requested. Or, better said, it's pointless. Yes, if you don't travel that much, the Platinum loses a lot of sense. I have been invited once, but I declined cause I am very wary of the pay deadlines. Got 'nuff with the regular green with the regular credit plan.

I have only seen a black card once. & I just saw it some 10 feet away. Couldn't tell the material, but I do believe you.

3. melmoe

melmoe Mobile Consultant

Wow, this thread has really gone quite a ways. I'm glad to get lots of input from IT people out there. I'm glad to see that you are all dedicated to your profession and the security concerns involved. Many of you indicated that I'd be fired if I tried to hax into the server to get my emails. Thanks for the concern, but it's actually extremely hard to actually get fired where I work. If I had done it, powers-that-be probably would have just gotten annoyed and told me to change my settings back.
    I talked to my IT rep and he said he can't hook my up because when the exchange server sends messages straight to a mobile device, many security protocols are bypassed. Anyway, I found a solution to get around it. I had created a rule to forward all messages to my Rogers email account (and henceforth my iPhone.) That was kind of annoying because all the messages that came to my phone were from me (since I was the one forwarding them) so I couldn't reply. Then, someone on this thread said I could change the rule to redirect the messages instead of forwarding them. I tried it, and it worked great (thanks). Emails go to both my web account and my phone and I can reply straight from my phone and also add the "from" person straight to my contact list.
    Anyway, thanks for all of the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.