Can Google Calendar be friends with Palm TX?

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by Glennski, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Glennski

Glennski How Little I Know -Bucky

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

There is only one choice I would recommend. It's pricy, but has the advantage of it provides seamless migration if you end up going to a smartphone platform. That would be Companion Link syncing Palm Desktop with Google.

The other choice would be CESD's Pimlical Desktop (also pricey) which has a version that acts as a go-between twixt Google and Palm Desktop, but I hesitate to recommend as I'm not as sure it will maintain compatibility with Palm Desktop as time goes on whereas Companion Link seems pretty dedicated to that because the owner used Palm Desktop still.

http://www.companionlink.com/google/palmdesktop/

Glennski and RickAgresta like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Can't you just print out your calendar and tape it to the back of the TX? :rolleyes:

4. Glennski

Thanks Hook and jig! you're awesome and have a great holiday!! :D:D:D

jigwashere likes this.
  5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Glennski, FYI - I used Hook's second suggestion, the Pimlical Desktop, for about a year with my Palm Centro. It was really cool how it would sync with the Google Calendar. My office secretary would put things into the different calendars of Google and all the ones that I owned or shared would come into my Centro's calendar.

But it wasn't perfect. You had to be careful how you synced back and forth. If I remember right it was best to sync my Palm with my computer and then open up Pimlical Desktop and it would sync with Google's calendar and automatically modify my Desktop. After that was done, I would sync again my Centro to my computer and everything would be there.

However, sometimes things would get messed up, even though we put the correct time zone in. The few times I traveled, the times were messed up in different time zones.

Overall I was pleased to have Google calendars come into my Palm and really helped for a year or so before I made the jump into Android and Google.

Good luck - keep us posted on what you do and how it works out.

Sent from my HP TouchPad with CM9 using Tapatalk.

RickAgresta likes this.
  6. Glennski

Thanks hook n scjjtt. I went ahead with Companion Desktop after a short free trial. It appears to do the trick. I will watch out for time zone bollixes. C. Desktop seems like a nice solution and was easy to set up and launch, very minimum time spent and you are off to the races.

Brighthand remains an awesome place!!! Thanks again!!!

7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

CL really is a great piece of software and their support is very good. I don't mind paying for something that works and is supported. Unfortunately, the age of app stores creates the expectation that developers should just give their stuff away and people howl and rate programs down when they charge anything more than a couple of bucks in the app store. It's unfortunate.

Glad it is working for you! :newpalm:

RickAgresta, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.