Calling All Travelers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Yep. That's not a train. That's a nuisance caller. ;)

2. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

We have lot's of toruture chambers her in the good ole' USA....they are called prisons, and they house evil doers.

3. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Too many to remember and go into detail:

Tower of London
    Westminster Palace
    Windsor Castle
    Glamis (home of Macbeth)
    Scone Palace
    Warwick Castle
    Arundel Castle
    Bramber Castle
    Numerous chateaux in France and castiles in Spain/Portugal
    Etc, etc.

I'm not a castle freak, there's just a lot of them in Europe and you can't really avoid them.

4. VampiressRN

WOWWWWWWWY......that is a great list. So, what were some of the things that impressed you most about them? Did you get to tour the royal chambers, bathrooms, kitchen, dungeon?

5. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

Do castles have bathrooms? :confused:

6. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Depends on thei rage and current usage. Most do now (i.e. probably originally built without), but the ruined ones don't. They'll have middens, which are basically low holes in the walls down which you make a deposit.

The castles I like most are probably the ones with the most dramatic military history or the most dramatic location.

Glamis Castle is an exception. One would think it to be a pretty dramatic place given its top billing, but it's actually rather drab and disappointing (to me).

7. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

I imagine so. I don't think they like you peeing out of the portcullis. Well they get sniffy about it at Disneyland, that's for sure... :eek:

8. VampiressRN

I have the travel bug as usual.....gheeeeez, I just recently got back from Kauai, and I am ready to hit another hotspot. In 2007 I have a couple of promotional trips that I received for paying through the nose to get more points from my time-share club. A few nights in Las Vegas and a Baja cruise. That should keep me busy.

For my main trip I am thinking of going on the Dave Koz Jazz Cruise next year. But since it is leaving off the east coast that might be too expensive. In which case I may try going to Atlantis sometime towards the end of next year. Has anyone been there?

9. VampiressRN

I was travel surfing till 1am last night. Also thinking about maybe doing the Jazz Trax Catalina. Has anyone here done that event? I figure 2 1/2 weeks rental on a condo, golf cart, drive to Los Angeles, park and boat to island....once again another small fortune....but it would be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.