Calling All Travelers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

Well you have finally revealed your cunning and skill. At the same time you half left yourself wide open for mistakes.

You moved from Loughton to Aldgate East before everyone had a turn or two people were at a switch station. Therefore you are forced to move to Monumont leaving Aldgate East open for me!!! I may end this game soon ...... :D

2. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

Ha, ha, you've played right into my plot! If you check the posts you are certain to see that my cleverly-worded third person posting clearly implies that I was talking in my sleep. If you will be so kind as to check the rules you'll note that "accidental move" which would include those wherein I didn't actually claim to be making a move--IF ACTED UPON BY ANOTHER PLAYER--really allow me to skip OVER intervening moves which, in effect, puts me right at Aldgate East!

Of course, being new to this, I might have mis-interpreted. Please let me know.

3. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

Now, Del, you KNOW that Nine will be along any moment to question exactly how one entertains oneself while not wearing certain things and yet keeping both hands in plain sight.

Of course, it will sound better when he says it.

4. T-Man

T-Man Mobile Deity

I leave for 20 hours, and theres 4 more pages.

No mean to interrupt, keep playing your game......and whatever you're doing with underwear. :)

5. kernel

kernel Mobile Deity

A can of green Beans is $4.

Somewhat late and out of context now, but I checked last night while my wife and I were grocery shopping - if you paid more than NZ$1.19 you were done!

NZ$4 definitely is "tourist only" pricing - so is $8.00 for a beer!

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

<Nine walks slap bang into an unexpected return of topic and completely forgets that he was going to say Moorgate> OW! Sorry, Kernel - it has been wandering a bit. :(

7. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

One of mine isn't, though.

Well, we're really dredging the rule book for this game, but it all appears legal to me so far. On that basis I think it fair for me to chip in with Chorleywood.

8. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

I lost track. Is it my turn? If so, I believe Liverpool Street is indicated, if not required, by the previous two.
    If it's not my turn, then Wapping which, for all you know is what I've been up to this morning.

And who wants green beans anyway?

9. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Really? Well I never. I was tempted to visit Cockermouth but decided to come to work instead. Liverpool Street is fine, but that allows me to play Kennington - and that gameplay order inhibits the Bank branch of the Northern Line to alternative moves only. Ha! :)

10. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

<minimalposter is obviously at a loss as he is not familiar with either Liverpool Street or Wapping. Then again he is a relatively new comer and just goes along with the game>

Much like my great grandmother's old tabby, I will retire to Tottenham Court Road.

Also not a bad job keeping this thread on track since it was about using the telephone (was it not?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.