Calling All Travelers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

Fortunately, you can pick right up where you left off by referring to your copy of the book (up about 9 posts). Just look for today's date and make sure you're looking at the GREEN pages for the latest revisions.

I'm quite sure that someone will be along momentarily to talk about your underwear... :)

And according to my script, they should start with the phrase "Happy to oblige!"

2. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Pathetic! We're now in the third round and I'm coming right up with the Sinister-Dexter Protocol. I'll see your four and raise you two: Euston Square.

Delpita: Happy to oblige ...

<Streaky turns the page, only to realise that it's a Thursday.>

3. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

<Nine pops by to discuss Delpita's underwear with her and demonstrates, with the use of a sketchpad, how the simple purchase of a tent-pole and around three feet of guy rope would mean she could enjoy a near-cost-free family holiday for four, if she so chose to> :)

4. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

I suppose you want to see who salutes?

5. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Now, because one of the stations is an interchange station, I can double-back and start another three-two combination over three moves from... Gunnersbury

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Damn right. I would be the first to protect Delpita's honor should need be - if I was passing and came upon some squaddies who had run a spare pair of Delpita's underthings up a flagpole and were busy saluting it whilst she attempted to recover them... well, I'd be the first person to rush in and pull her knickers down for her without a second thought. :)

7. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

<minimalposter is exceedingly happy that he is not the only one who trolls the forums commando>

Well I hope that no one notices the obvious disregard for the Hemmingston ammendment, but I will quickly move to Tooting Bec and award PDABach the Monty Rail Ticket (a tad premature in the game ? but it has been three days since the first move) in case he decides to jump in the fray.

8. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

<PDA Bach, being a bit slow on the uptake and somewhat flustered over mental images including the term "knickers" takes the ticket and tries to use it to get into a Monty Python film revival. Being turned away at the gate, somewhat rudely he thinks, he makes an incredily lame attempt to enter the fray by saying "Park Place?"

He sees MP, Streaky and Nine shake their heads sadly as if there is no hope for him.

Fortunately, he is very used to that and, bouyed by the misidentified positive reinforcement, snaps off a salute of his own and marches away singing the stops to the tune of "Over There."

To wit:
    "Euston Square
    Baker Street
    Gunnersb'ry, Tooting Brec, Monument"
    >

You get the idea and I don't want to play any more because it will be too hard to work in the upcoming verbs.

9. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Err... I asssume you mean Green Park. Which isn't a valid move as neither of the deepest stations have been played yet. Sorry.

10. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Damn but you are good - you sure you haven't played this professionally? I clearly have no choice now but to play the Pre-Raphaelite Movement, eat Bad Chap's Monty Rail Ticket and miss a go.

<Streaky goes and sits in the corner of the thread, fuming quietly and drumming his fingers.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.