Calendar Stopped Syncing With My Mac After iCloud Use

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by ward.smith, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ward.smith

ward.smith OldSurfDog

I went on a month trip using only my iPad Mini and iPhone 4s so I turned on iCloud for contacts and calendar. In the past I had only used iCloud for reminders which works great. At home I am stuck with satellite internet (Excede) so I am allowed 15 GB of data each month. As a result I rarely use iCloud for anything as I do not want to be constantly moving data. Since I returned home and turned off iCloud for contacts and calendar, iCal has stopped syncing with both my iPhone and my iPad. My computer is a MacBook Pro using OS 10.6.8. I have done all of the obvious things such as checking the sync calendars box in iTunes. Contacts is syncing fine by the way. What I am missing here?

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Just a thought - have you logged into iCloud online to see if everything looks OK there?

3. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This

Here's what I would do:

-Make sure Settings->iCloud->Calendar is turned off on both the iPad and iPhone.
    -For each iOS device, uncheck Sync Calendars in iTunes and Apply it.
    -Now re-check Sync Calendars. (I think iTunes might give you an option to replace the calendars on the iThing at this point.)

4. ward.smith

ward.smith OldSurfDog

Thanks for the help. After 1 hour on the phone with Apple support, it inadvertently fixed itself. I ended up with a second tech guy when it happened and neither of us are sure what did it. He did say the iCal in 10.6.8 often has problems syncing and really is not supported any more.

lelisa13p likes this.