c wifi connection help

Discussion in 'Palm' started by kailash, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kailash

kailash Newbie

Help. I have a tungsten c. I am able to connect to other wifi networks but cannot connect to my home network. I am using web pro 2.0 and have not installed the rom update. I have read thru the posts and they have been very helpful. I am running wep encryption on my dell wireless router. On the wifi prefs, the mac and ip numbers as wellas ssid and channel both 6 match. Any other suggestions. I have had my c for abot a year and love it. I have never been able to get it to work on my home network. Thank you in advance for your help...knm

2. jawbone

jawbone Feeble minded fool

My guess is its the dell router.
    search down a couple of threads there are plenty of posts on this exact subject and they found the dell router was the problem - replacing this with another brand name did the trick every time

3. GWhizKids

GWhizKids Mobile Deity

...and these days you can find routers for dirt cheap. I got a Belkin router AND PC Card for only $18 after rebate at CompUSA (see Techbargains.com for other similar deals). My Belkin "b" router works just fine with my T|C -- absolutely no issues.

4. matiasdelalastr

matiasdelalastr Mobile Deity

I think that the wi-fi alliance is not doing its job. It's obvious that the dell router or the palm (probably the dell router) are not universally compatible, but both have the wi-fi certification...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.