Buying secondhand TX?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Pinmac, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinmac

Pinmac Mobile Deity

Unfortunately have got nowhere with this. As I said the previous owner had not done a hard reset so I decided to do this before I started the switchover. I can't get it to work. I am pressing the power button, poking the reset hole and keep holding the power button down and waiting... and waiting..... nothing happens. When I let go it performs a soft reset. I even tried a method from YouTube where you press the 4 bottom buttons instead of the power button but no go. Any suggestions please?

2. Pinmac

Pinmac Mobile Deity

That's amazing! I posted the above and thought I'd have one moe go and it worked! Ah, the power of posting on here.

3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Ok, lets make sure on all the steps.

1. Hold down power button, keep holding it.

2. Poke the reset hole with the stylus. Just poke it, don't hold.

3. Watch the screen. What you should see is first the orange logo and then the blue logo. When you see the blue logo, and not bfore, release the power button.

4. That's when you should see the screen that asks you to press "up" on the D-pad to dele all data.

Are you doing this and not getting step 3?

EDIT: Just saw your next post. :)

4. Pinmac

Pinmac Mobile Deity

Thanks for the reply, Hook. You must been posting just as I did. Looking at your steps I think I was probably holding in the reset button rather than pressing it once and, by coincidence, did it correctly just after I posted. Onwards and upwards!

5. Pinmac

Pinmac Mobile Deity

All going well. I have got my PIMs running so that I can use it for diary functions and contacts which are my main daily usage. I can email from it!!!! I know that it's not very exciting for others in these days of Palm Pre and Blackberry but it's great for me when the kids are hogging the laptop and I need to send or recive an email. I haven't installed any other programs yet as I am waiting to hear from Northglide re an upgrade to Uninstall Manager.
    My one semi-failure so far is in SMS. It's only half a failure as I can send but not receive. Sending on the TX is a huge step forward for me as I have always hated texting on the phone as I find it clumsy and unintuitive. So I am thrilled to be able to write and send a text easily.
    I have Bluetooth set up OK to my Nokia 6300 which presumably works as I can send messages. The ideal situation would be that I would receive texts on my phone and my TX both of which would play an alarm. I seem to have set this up correctly but it doesn't receive.
    Anyone have any ideas please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.