BT headset charging issue

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Sep 19, 2018.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

You may want to try two-part epoxy resin, the kind that comes in a double syringe for adequate dosification. Depending on brand and make, it may take from a few seconds to several minutes to set and harden (and up to several hours for full curing), but it forms a very strong, stiff, and durable bond. It can be cut and trimmed to shape after it's hardened, so some sloppiness when applying can be repaired. But it's advisable to avoid spilling it on electronics (board and batteries).

RickAgresta, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I thought about that, too. The glue is hidden, so appearance isn't an issue. I also want to be able to easily pop it open for future repairs. I'm just going to try 4 dots of hot glue where the original stubs were. If this doesn't work, it should be easy to clean up and give the epoxy a try.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  3. jigwashere

I'm listening to some podcasts and the battery is draining very quickly. After about 1-1/2 hours, I'm getting a low battery warning. I do hope after a full discharge/recharge cycle this will improve.

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

You mean until you know if it's risen to the occasion? :vbtongue:

5. jigwashere

:( I still seem to have a charging issue. I put the headset on the charger, it appears to charge, but drops to zero when I remove it.

6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Jig, did you measure voltage on the battery while connected to the charger? That will let you rule out the possibility of having a bad charger. Since the headset is already assembled, try measuring on the charger connectors, probably it will be 5V DC (but check the charger's specs) with the headset off.

7. jigwashere

I did not measure voltage on the battery when the headset was disassembled. I've been using multiple charges and cables, so I don't think the problem is external. If I have time later today, I'll disassemble it and measure voltage at the battery. If have to, I might remove the battery and look for a way to charge it independently.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and raspabalsa like this.