Brighthand's parent company just fired me.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adama D. Brown, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Mobile Evangelist

This is bad news for all of us on the forum. Hope you still peek in and say HI. It will leave a gap in the information you shared. Sorry.

2. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your situation, ADB. :( Hope you stay around in the forums.

3. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Mobile Deity

Sorry to hear about this unexpected circumstance.

I can relate somewhat: I'm trying to get a first job now that I'm out of high school and am trying to get into college/university, but no one's willing to hire someone like me due to the current economic situation! So much for having a little income to help pay off tuition and any software I might need for secondary education...

I can only hope that this doesn't turn into another full-blown Great Depression or something (though we now have federal institutions to prevent that sort of thing from happening again).

4. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

Bummer, so sorry to learn of your situation. I was hit the same way back in September after 24 years in my field with same employer via 3 mergers.

Hold your head high, it is possible if you hang around and pursue the freelance avenue, then when more products will be introduced, then more reviewers will be required.

Then... :confused: , you were being paid:eek: wow now I really feel used:eek:

:D ;) :D ;)

I still visit daily, as I move from the multiple job listing sites, still a lot of reviewing taking place. Must stay informed and humored:cool:

RickAgresta likes this.
  5. yorker

yorker Mobile Deity

Damn, I'm sorry for your situation. Most importantly, you are an asset to this community, yet they never gave you a warning.:angry: Your expertise and hardwork here is apparent, I hope you can close the gap and find something better.

Please stay on the forums, I would be saddened if you were not.

RickAgresta likes this.
  6. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

This has come as a shock to me so I can hardly imagine the effect it must have had on you :(

Here at BH your reviews and perspective on different issues have always been interesting and hopefully there will be more in the future.
    It is obvious from your Posts that you enjoy your time here at BH so I imagine and hope we will still see you around from time to time at least.

But then, your future is the priority so I send my best wishes that everything works out for you, whichever direction you take :)

All the best, woz of oz

7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Sorry to hear it, Adama! Having been there a couple of times myself (the most recent just last month,) I understand. As others have said, I certainly hope you can still spend some time here, even if you need a "break" for a short while. And I certainly wish you the very best in whatever you pursue! Take it from me: It CAN be an opportunity if you make it that. And you might find yourself doing something totally new and different than anything you've done before. Been down that path and it turned out wonderfully!

Whatever you do, please keep us updated. I'm just one of many here who think of you as a friend, and friends are concerned about one another's well-being.

RickAgresta likes this.
  8. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

Sorry to hear that you got let go, Adama.

In the mean time, make sure you have your best articles in hand for your portfolio as examples of your work. You have done so many great reviews here, your insight will be missed.

Alan G

RickAgresta likes this.
  9. Chronos

Chronos Moderator Super Moderator

Oh Adama, I'm so sorry. What a loss for BH.

So sad...

With you wonderful attention to detail, clear and concise reviews, you should not have a problem finding another outlet for your work. You are such an asset.

This is so distressing, more so for you.

You've got a lot of friends around here. Let us know what we can do to help. With such a large, comfortable community of friends I'm sure you can use our networks to land something very soon.

OK?

-Jim

10. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

Well my friend despite our obvious conflicts, I wish you all the best...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.