Break out the Birthday spaghetti!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Jan 22, 2017.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hello, my friends, and thank you for your wishes! And for the cake too. Lauren. I spent the whole day with Mrs. R., mostly cuddling and watching movies. Alas, no spaghetti yesterday, but only because we had it 3 days ago, and I'm trying (somewhat successfully) to reduce waist perimeter :D :D. So far I'm about 15 kg down, still 15 more to go before I can call it a success.

wozofoz, lelisa13p, namerif and 4 others like this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

A very Happy Birthday to you Raspy & many more!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Whoa! that's a lot of kilos (even more pounds!!); congrats on being halfway to your goal!

lelisa13p, raspabalsa and Mi An like this.
  4. raspabalsa

Thank you, Scott!

Thanks, Rick. It was really hard to start, especially since the reason I'm overweight is that I absolutely love carbohydrates in most of their presentations: spaghetti, rice, potato, yucca, bread... It's been hard to reduce portion size and frequency. I had to speak -as Sheldon would say, using a stern facial expression- with my wife and the cooking lady at the camp so they would serve me much smaller portions with every meal, and to refuse to give me refills with every meal. I had to concede that I'm incapable of leaving food on the plate once it's been served, so the only way to reduce intake is to put as little food as possible in the first place. This system is working very well so far. :D

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My solution was to punch extra holes in my belt.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, lelisa13p, namerif and 3 others like this.
  6. raspabalsa

BTDT... Found out that pressure exerted on the belt is directly proportional to waist perimeter. It was an experimental finding, when my belt's clasp exploded one day when I sat down. And yes, I think that did qualify as an explosion because it was sudden and violent, and it did generate shrapnel in the form of steel fragments from the clasp :D