Boot Camp: Sync with Mac and Windows?

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by bennyp, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bennyp

bennyp Mobile Evangelist

Hellloooooo, Brighthand!
    I have a question. I just installed Boot Camp so I can play Half-Life 2 (awesome game!) and I find now that, despite loving OS X, I spend more time in Windows downloading game files, etc.

So I want to know this: Can I sync my palm using Palm Desktop on Windows, then reboot into OS X, change some info and re-sync with Missing Sync back to the palm? I can imagine that this would involve sharing the 'palm' directory on one of the partitions, or over a network. What do you think?

2. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

I don't think it will work as the Windows version of data is not compatible with the Mac Conduits and vice versa.

3. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

As Josser indicates.
    The Palm desktop is released in two versions, a Windows version and Mac version. Both are compatible tothe Palm handheld, but both are written by different vendors and handle or better, format teh data differently between the two desktops versions.

4. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

However, there's no reason that you couldn't have the Win and Mac versions of PD on the computer and have 2 databases, as if you had two computers. Be a pain to manage, though....

How would Half Life run on say Parallels or one of the other virtualization tools?

I'm just trying to keep you out of Windows, dude!

5. bennyp

bennyp Mobile Evangelist

Ahh, but HalfLife2 runs so poorly on my mac.. I know, I caved. HL2 is a damn fine piece of game, though.

Sigh, another dream of standards and interoperability goes down the series of tubes. Thanks for the replies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.