Booo!!

Discussion in 'Palm' started by zap2, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap2

zap2 Apple User

Windows Mobile? No touch screen, standard keyboard?

Wow...is this really the **new** palm?

If so, I'm dissapointed!

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, zap2. :)

Perhaps, since this model is designated for a European market, the demand for features is different than what you want. Are you located in the target area?

Maybe you should wait for the device to get some actual usage & reviews before boo-ing it.

3. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

The RIM offerings are touchless, so maybe a test market with our eastern friends.

The limiting factor would be third party software, yet many apps can be adapted.

4. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

I have to wonder how well I would fair without a touch screen. I have found that I prefer the 5-way nav to pulling out the stylus. I wonder how I would feel if I didn't have that touch screen on my Treo.

There are some things, like tapping the screen to answer calls that I do with my thumb and I like having that option available. I don't know. I guess I'm 50/50 on the issue.

Alan G

5. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

To tell the truth, using a touchscreen-free WM device is pretty nice. There are a few times, particularly on the more robust data-oriented units, that you wish you could tap the screen, but otherwise it's not something that bothers me that much.

What I find uncertain about the 500v is what it's supposed to offer compared to any of the alternatives. The only spec that makes it superior to the Samsung Blackjack is 256 MB of memory rather than 128, and that's a pretty small difference when you compare $99 with contract to free with contract.

6. PatrickS

PatrickS Gadget Magnet

I think we can expect a follow-on, about a year from now, called the 550. It will be essentially identical, some will say an incremental upgrade, except that the keyboard will have been reconfigured to have a slight "smile" in the rows.

7. zap2

zap2 Apple User

Give me the Centro w/ GSM...and I'm happy.(for a little while)

Its just seems like a weak offering...like my BlackJack...a nice phone, but the BlackJack is not all that new, while the Treo 500 is one of Palms newest phones. And its certainly not the update I want from Palm.

Palm needs a new OS, or maybe for now something to change Windows Mobiles to make it different then everyone else.

8. Genjinaro

Genjinaro ~3rdPrty 4ehvur!~

zap2 I feel the same honestly, especially about this not having a touchscreen but at $99 at release for a Smartphone is very hard to dislike...

It upstages anything that offeres similar, for a heck of alot less.

Like getting a average new 2008 car legally for $30, its a deal thats hard to frown at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.