BlueTooth Connections - Information How to...

Discussion in 'Palm' started by echo4lima, May 2, 2004.

1. Dumbmut

Dumbmut Guest

This may seem like an idiot question, but how do I find out what my PIN number is? I can't access my netwoork without it, and I can't find it.

2. Pinmac

Pinmac Mobile Deity

You can make up your own PIN number if you are asking about the one that your Palm/PC asks you for when attempting to pair to your PC/Palm. You type in eg 1111 on the one you are making the connection from and the same on the one you make a connection to. It doesn't matter what the number is as long as it is the same on both. I don't think it's a stupid question - I couldn't work it out at first!

3. Dumbmut

Dumbmut Guest

Thanks. I figured it out about a half hour after I posted that.

4. skrile

skrile Newbie

First off, great stuff Dean [:D], and thanks...if not for you I wouldn't be able to ask this question.

T|3, WindowsXP, LAN connection on PC

I seem to have everything working great. I've configured the Network connection and made the connection with the following results:

Service Name: Bluetooth LAN
    Local IP address: 192.168.0.5
    Gateway address: 0.0.0.0
    DNS addresses:

However, when I try to ping microsoft (ping www.microsoft.com) I get the following:

Pinging www.microsoft.com
    [207.##.250.###] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
    Error timeout(0x1212): time=10ms
    Error timeout(0x1212):

Any thoughts as to why? Is it a LAN thing...proxies and such? I'm stumped and feel like I'm so close.

:D :D

5. skrile

skrile Newbie

Looks like I answered my own question at the end of the previous post...I can see our Intranet just fine, it's the internet that eludes me. Any advice on configuring the use of proxies with Web Pro. I've tried entering our proxy server's name in the Use Proxie setting under Preferences>Advanced of Web Pro only to have it tell me no such proxy exists. I've tried a few different versions of the proxy but no dice....anyone?

6. greasypeanut

greasypeanut Newbie

7. klw

klw Guest

8. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

It looks like the post was deleted, but the person who had the error:

Error: Serial: timed out. could be bad cable or faulty Modem, (0x0305)

This is usually caused by an improper pairing of the device. I would delete the pairing and then re-pair the Palm to the MAC and it should connect fine.

You might throw a soft reset in there as well.

Click here for more details.

9. klw

klw Guest

Hey Dean, just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial btw... I'm stuck in Northern VT right now with no GSM/GPRS access. Your tutorial and a borrowed Ambicom USB dongle got my handheld back up and running again on my brother's WiFi network through his Dell X200 laptop.

10. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

Glad to hear it is still useful for even the experienced Palm user as yourself. It is weird that in this day and age being out of contact with the Internet can seem so unsettling....