BlueTooth Connections - Information How to...

Discussion in 'Palm' started by echo4lima, May 2, 2004.

1. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

You need to get the wired LAN off the 192.168.0.xxx IP address. ICS does not work with Bluetooth unluess it uses this range. Click here for more details.

You can ping right from the Network page on the Palm. See my guide for how to ping at the end of the Palm setup here.

2. DRNewcomb

DRNewcomb Mobile Deity

Things are working now. Thanks!

It looks like W2K does not allow ICS on two subnets? I believe that XP has provisions for this.

3. Splicer

Splicer Mobile Deity

Um yes would like that info very much. Don't just tease us by saying you know how! Share and you won't be the only one who knows any longer. =^)

4. brent

brent Mobile Deity

Hello,

I have the Belkin Bluetooth AP unit connected to my DSL network and all was working fine with my T3 for browsing. I had to restore everything on my T3 after upgrading the battery and lost the network that had formerly worked quite well. I am trying to recreate everything without success.
    If anyone has the Belkin Bluetooth AP and can share their setup it would be greatly appreciated- the manual is rather vague and seems to pertain to use of a bluetooth SDIO card rather than the built-in BT of the T3.
    Are the following correct-
    For pairing a connection: use "belkin" as the password between Palm and Belkin AP.???
    For network access: use "guest" for both username and password.???

Do I have things correct? I seem to establish a connection with the above, but programs can't access the net. My GPRS connection with my SE Z600 works fine for access. I'm not sure when checking the network log what I need to see to know it is connected. The log for my GPRS ends with two DNS addresses, but the Belkin AP ends with only one.

Thanks! -Brent

* Update: I got things to work finally. The above settings are correct, I just needed to restart the Belkin AP for some reason to make things finally work. ???

5. lfarm

lfarm Mobile Consultant

Ok, I have a question that I haven't found in this post yet- what CAN'T I do via bluetooth? I have no desire to surf the net via it (I will use wifi for that). All I would like to do is use the cable that comes with the box (my T5 is about 48 shipping hours away still) at work, and would like to go bluetooth as my only connection at home. Is this possible, or are there features that require the cord?

thanks,

lfarm

6. papageoff

papageoff Mobile Enthusiast

lfarm:

Yes, some things do require the cable. The file transfer program requires the cable, so if you want to see what is on the T5 from the computer and easily move files around you need to have it. Also, the T5 doesn't support the FTP profile, so to send files back and forth you have to use the ?OBDEX? object push profile. And buddy, let me tell ya... it is slow!

I am probbably gonna take my BT dongle back. The hotsync is slow, no FTP (you can't remotely pull files off the computer), Flakey DNS access (for some reason, it just doesn't like 1src.com and my comcast mail servers!). BT would be fine if it was all you had, but in terms of a cable replacement... not quite there yet IMHO.

this is just my $.02

Good luck.
    Geoff

7. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

Dean, I'm at my whits end. I hope you can help! After major issues I did a hartd reset of my T3 and manually restored the device app by app. And while this has allowed me to once again use my t616 as a modem I cannot get a clear internet connection with my PC. I had to reenter all the network and connection settings as they were lost on reset BUT I keep getting a DNS error. NOTHING has changed on my PC. Any ideas?

8. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

Oh it gets better. I can't get a connection now after a hard reset on a clean T3! I can connect to my PC, but the ICS will not work. Nothing has changed on my PC. WTF?

9. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

What does the View Log page say the IP & DNS is once connected?

I would disable ICS then re-enable ICS on the PC.

10. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

I just uninstalled the whole mess and reset up ICS. I still get an error.

service name PC
    Local ip address 192.168.0.1
    gateway address 0.0.0.0
    dns address

ping www.m$.com
    pinging wwwm$.com
    [14.0.0.234] with 32 bytes of data

request time out
    error timeout (0x1212): time=0ms
    error timeout (0x1212):