BlueNomad / BackupBuddyVFS

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by RevZach, May 5, 2017.

1. RevZach

RevZach Mobile Consultant

Hey, everybody. I'm looking to upgrade to BackupbuddyVFS 3.3, since learning that it allows the user to have multiple checkpoints and archive orphan files. Of course, blue nomad is no more. In the past, I've had GREAT luck, e-mailing/tweeting/messaging people who own the rights to legacy software and having them just give me the codes, but I can't seem to find any current contact for people involved in BN. (A trip through the Internet Archive just shows a bunch of now-defunct @bluenomad.com addresses). Anyone here have any connection to them? I'm at the beginning of a 14-day trial on this softwaer and I totally can't go back now. :D Any help would be muy appreciated!

-Zach

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

As far as I can tell, and I've looked, there is no trace of the Blue Nomad folks anywhere, nor their software keys. It always a shame when folks don't release their abandonware when it is also linked to an abandoned platform.

lelisa13p, guywolffe and raspabalsa like this.
  3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Yes, Blue Nomad left the scene a long time ago. I tried looking for them a few years ago, and found nothing.

If you're willing to trying other apps, most (maybe all) of the features of BBVFS can be found in TealBackup. Their site seems to still accept purchases. I entered my hotsync name, pressed "Purchase" and was directed to PayPal (but I didn't buy it). However, perhaps it's a good idea to write them and confirm they're issuing the serial numbers before purchasing. But if you must use BBVFS, then simply disregard this suggestion.

lelisa13p, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

As far as I know, indeed, Teal is still selling and providing codes for their Palm software. I know of a couple of folks over on the alphasmart site who have purchased software for their old Alphasmart Danas.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, guywolffe and 2 others like this.
  5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I use NVBackup, but off and on, I've tried to find codes for Blue Nomad's WordSmith with no luck.

scjjtt likes this.