Blackberry VS Pocket PC, which one is better?

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by Binh, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The General

The General Mobile Enthusiast

The BlackBerry can do most of those to an extent but not perfectly.

2. Stormswift

Stormswift Mobile Evangelist

I am facing the same question. I am a longtime Pocket PC user (2 Ipaqs still alive and HX2755. I have to change my wireless carrier. My choice is MotoQ or Blackberry. My decision is Blackberry. The reason? Battery availability. I do not need to spend time looking for where to get a battery for MotoQ if both carrier and manufacturer do not list them. I like WM6 OS much better but we still have our pocket PC's for documents and book reading etc. I would have preferred WM OS but....

3. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Ummm... Why would you need to change the battery? It's rechargeable, of course, and LiIon batteries normally last four or five years...
    Unless you will not have access to any way to charge it for days on end, or you can't wait for it to charge while you sleep, why do you need multiple batteries? :confused: I don't see the point otherwise.
    BTW, you can get extra Moto Q batteries from ebay, Amazon, etc.

4. tuffdeal

tuffdeal Mobile Enthusiast

Piece of cake. Its the Smartphones or Pocket PC's with Windows Mobile 6.0 or better. BB's cannot edit word docs or excel files nor create pdfs. Without those functions inherent in their OS and dependent on 3rd party kluges RIM will soon lose market share among businessmen despite their pretty new touchscreen. BB's just are not nuts and bolts enough for those of us who really want to stop lugging laptops everywhere.

5. ATrain

ATrain Mobile Enthusiast

Not quite true. The new Storm has Docs to Go, Sheet to Go, and Slideshow to Go. I haven't used them extensively so I can't say how good they are. I have used Docs to Go on Palm, and found it to be great. BB doesn't create pdfs, but then how often do you really need to create pdfs? I don't have the capability on my PC even (I can read, but not create). BB is making big strides to move from the "e-mail device" to the full smart phone. So far I think the Storm is a great leap forward for them.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out as there are a lot of choices in this arena now, with more on the way and the economy being what it is the weak are not likely to survive for long.

6. BlueBerryPlus

BlueBerryPlus Newbie

Well it depends how you are using them. But I will prefer a BB since it is easier to use and have keywords. Not many PDAs has a keyboard.