Blackberry 7100g question

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by Brian, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

I didn't test this flavor of the 7100, but did another and didn't see any serious sound issues. My gripe is the text entry system is cumbersome. It's a nice idea to help keep the device small, but I think it's a pain. Most will get used to it over time, but I got frustrated too fast to make it that long!

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com | www.TabletPCReviewSpot.com

2. lhorton

lhorton Mobile Consultant

Since I am unable to decide on which PDA to buy I have decided that getting a new cellphone would be fun (warped logic yes, but it keeps me happy).

While I am perfectly satisfied with my current Motorola and Cingular I was looking at the Blackberry 7100g. The push technology would be wonderful (all my various email addys- avail together and mobile). I am a bit unamused that the bluetooth (DUN) is supposedly disabled by Cingular for whatever vague reason and unfortunately my car does not work with Blackberry bluetooth.

I had read that the phone aspects of the 7100g are poor- sound quality, battery life etc. Can anyone comment on the sound quality issues? True?

I'm still planning on getting a true PDA (either Ipaq 4700 or LD probably). Is it possible to set up one of those PDAs to automatically delivery email to the handheld from various addys? Should I just pick a PDA, skip the blackberry and get a cellphone that my car approves of?

Technological advances amuse me SOOOO much...I love shiny new toys.

3. lhorton

lhorton Mobile Consultant

Are you talking about the SureType or just the keyboard itself? I've seen it mentioned by a number of people that the SureType is annoying. My current Motorola cellphone has something that tries to guess what word you are typing and it is very frustrating to work with. I assume there is no way to turnoff the Suretype on the 7100 or people would have.

4. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

Now that you bring it up, both. I was initially commenting on the keyboard though. It's supposed to learn as you go, I didn't have one long enough to tell if that was the case though.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com | www.TabletPCReviewSpot.com

5. htmanning

htmanning Mobile Consultant

SureType is pretty annoying. I must say another thing lacking on this phone is the letters for entry on an answering system. Say you call an answering service and they want you to enter the first 3 letters of someone's name....can't do it on the 7100 unless you've memorized them.

Tom
    pdaBlast.com

6. bbuser99

bbuser99 Newbie

Issues are correct plus many more. Stronly suggest stay away from BB.

7. Abbey

Abbey Goldmember

To enter letters while in a call, simply press and hold the control key (bottom-left) and multi-tap the letters. This is pretty simple IMO.