birthday index db corrupt ..

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ferrous, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferrous

ferrous yep, my feet & socks.

hello, all. :)

i've been quite absent from here, but i've been happily using my (somewhat limping. i really need to give it a good overhaul) palm for ages with no troubles.

today i've run into a problem with datebook. i get to the 24th of april & it pops up a message saying:

Birthday Index DB Corrupt!
    The Birthday Index Database is corrupt. Do you want to rebuild/repair it now? (If you answer 'No', birthdays will be ignored.​

(& yes, that lack of closing bracket was in there. not my mistake. lol!)

so the first time it happened, i tapped 'Yes - Repair it!' & it went into a soft reset loop that it didn't get out of until i tried a warm reset & then did a hotsync. for safe measure, i then did a restore from last night's backup with nvbackup (what a marvellous program that is .. & for free, no less!). i then did another hotsync to get today's changes to dates back in there.

if i tap 'no', then it goes back to normal operation until i get to that date & it asks me again. it's really weird. anyone else come across this before?

2. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Great to see you again (I missed the socks). :)

Have you tried dbfixit from Pimlico? You can scan for free, but you have to pay to fix. From everything I've heard, it is worth it.

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

You can also try TealScan. It has a trial mode and can fix errors while in trial, so no need to purchase until you're sure it can work for you (thanks to cyberdude2 and bluefish for the tip).

4. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Hi ferrous [​IMG] good to see you again :D

Hook and Raspy have it covered so I have nothing more to add except, good luck :)

All the best, woz of oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.