Bing Rewards for Android and iOS, not WP8

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by Mitlov, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

For those not familiar, Bing Search allows you to sign up for a rewards account where you earn credits you can redeem for everything from gift cards to Xbox sweepstakes entries to donating to charity (it works out to be about a half-cent per search, up to $0.20 per day, I think). Up until today, though, you could only earn those rewards from searching from a desktop browser.

Now, Bing Rewards has come to Android (and iOS). Startlingly, not Windows Phone. I'll just call this a bit more writing on the wall about Microsoft's long-term dedication to WP8.

Bing Rewards launches on mobile, but not for everyone

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Maybe the Bing department never heard of the WP8 department. ;)

RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

But that means you actually have to use Bing, right? (shudder) ;)

RickAgresta and headcronie like this.
  4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

It's faaaaaar better than it used to be. I sometimes use Bing, sometimes Google, and more often than not there's no significant difference in the results.

5. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that. Particularly when it comes to technical academic subjects. And the start up page on Bing is just ugly. I just got done making sure Bing wasn't any kind of default on my wife's win 8.1 laptop... banished from the Metro desktop. ;)

6. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Live cashback helped get me about $200 off my netbook many moons ago. Bing rewards has bought me a couple of kindle ebooks and some COD DLC. I haven't used it in a while, but I become less hostile to it every time google asks me to join g+. If it ever becomes mandatory...

A big part of my decision to buy my first (and last) winmo device was mobile office, and specifically, mobile onenote. I won't describe just how disappointing that experience was for fear of overloading brighthand's obscenity filter, but suffice to say Microsoft made a lasting impression on me 1) when I got the device and 2) when I upgraded to the long-awaited 2010 mobile office suite to find more of the same.

7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I like Bing for image search, because they kept the enlarging feature when you hover over an image on the main image search page. Google's newish format is terrible.

Mitlov likes this.
  8. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

The current OneNote for Android works pretty well IMO. Simple and straightforward. I personally still use Keep, but I have very minimal note-taking usage (to-do lists and grocery lists), and Keep is excellent for that sort of quick, simple usage.

9. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

I agree. :newpalm: It's my primary means of moving information between desktop and mobile.

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I like Bing maps, at least in the desktop, for its birds eye view.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk