Big batteries for the Dash!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Dash' started by mknewman, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mknewman

mknewman Mobile Deity

lionbattery.com now has 2 Mugen batteries for the Dash, one is a 1200mAh that appears that it might fit in place of the stock one, hli-02csl, and the monster 2400mAh hli-02cxl, which appears to come with a replacement back plate and has an extended back which appears to be about 1/2" thick.

I've ordered the big one so I'll let you know how it goes.

2. mknewman

mknewman Mobile Deity

Here is a pic of the backplate that comes with the 2400mAh battery. The battery itself is the same shape but about 2x as thick. It appears that it may even be made by the same vendor that made the stock battery, it's physically nearly identical.

After a full day of use the battery had 88% remaining. I'm very pleased.

Marc

Attached Files:

3. jamerican

jamerican Mobile Enthusiast

Could you post a picture of the Dash with the battery cover and show the whole Dash? Also, could you take multiple perspectives like I did here...

http://www.jamerican.net/?p=15.

Also, could you do a side by side battery shot like I did in the second link I posted.

so its clear who much thicker the Dash is with the battery.

How is the battery holding up? I got a 1050mAh battery and it was terrible. :mad:

http://www.jamerican.net/?p=12

My site has a whole bunch of Dash-related stuff. Thanks for posting this information about the extended battery. I thought the HTC version was the only one available.

JAmerican

4. mknewman

mknewman Mobile Deity

The 'lip' in the picture above (click on it for larger version) is the size of the standard battery, but I'll take a picture of the stock and larger batteries for you tonight.

I have no easy way to compare the two batteries for run time other than to say it's 2 1/2 times the capacity of the stock one, still fits easily into the stock belt case, and I haven't run out of juice since I got it. The run time seems to be around 10 hours continuous use but that depends on if you are using the phone, modem, etc. Usually after a full day of using it I'm still above 50%.

Estheticlly it's kinda ugly, but that matters not to me.

They also sell the smaller version, 1200 mAh, which would fit under the stock hood, and give you about a 30% bump in capacity.

Marc

5. mknewman

mknewman Mobile Deity

Here's a couple of pics.

Marc

Attached Files:

6. jamerican

OMG that's exactly what I wanted to see. Thanks a lot. I guess my plastic cases will be useless with thats not as important as a great battery. Thanks a lot. I use my dash for music so this is a definate plus. When I get it, I'll try to do a mini review and I'll reference you :D.

BTW, the 1200mAh battery is not worth. After getting the 1050mah battery and seeing that it really did nothing for me, I doubt 1200mAh will be much of an improvement but 1A+ more is definatley where I want to be at. The extended back casing is as rubbery as the rest of the device right?

JAmerican

7. mknewman

mknewman Mobile Deity

Yep, the material appears to be exactly the same as the original back plate and the rest of the phone. It's quite nice and the price isn't horrible for what you are getting (although it's 50% more than I paid for the phone!).

8. jamerican

Hey,

I finally got mine ...

http://www.jamerican.net/?p=33

Although the first time it was done charging, I turned my device on and the battery was at 81%? Hopefully, it will work out and not cause issues.

JAmerican

9. mknewman

mknewman Mobile Deity

Give it a few days of recharge cycles to come up to full strength. Not sure about the 81% but you might want to try a reset if it continues.

BTW, I installed SmartBatt and it shows my battery life around 3 days 5 hours.

Marc

10. webwalker

webwalker Newbie

I am compelled to find better batter life, but the 2400 battery turns a very slim device into a slim device with a tumor!!
    I guess I will stick to my daily recharge until battery technology improves in future devices........I wish!!!

Thanks for sharing.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.