Bicycles at BH?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Antoine Wright, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Anyone here bike? I'm talking from recreational, to commuter, to the nearly-Lance-types.

Just wondering what kinds of bikes you all have (or want to have). These days, I'm currently rocking the Trek Valencia; this has been one of the best bikes that I've ever owned.

So what about the rest of you?

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

I have:
    Raleigh SC 40, about 4 years old, sadly under 100 miles
    MARUISHI TA-15, about 20 years old, several hundred miles but none since I got the Raleigh.

The kids both have Schwinn Mountain bikes. They are ok quality. Mrs. r0k has a Fugi Vantage CX.

There is a Trek dealer about 2 miles from my house. I stop in from time to time to look, but unless I find the time to start riding again, I'll get by with the bikes I have. At the time I bought the Raleigh, I looked at Trek and Giant as alternatives. Both were much more expensive and I wasn't sure how much riding I'd do so we stick with moderate priced bikes. Every now and then, I get a chance to take a look at one of those carbon fiber bikes that weigh less than my ipod and cost more than my car. I wish...

3. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

20 years ago :eek: my brother and I were nearly "Lance" types. Can't remember what type of bikes we had. My brother had a very good one.

Oh how the "mighty" have fallen!:rolleyes: :p

For the last few weeks I have attempted to start running again with my sons. I have been inconsistant during the summer. It will be easier now that school is about to start and XCountry season is about to start. I want to run in the local 10K run this Fall.

<My ultimate goal is to do a Triathlon. Not sure if this old body can get back into that kind of shape again>:eek:

4. Chet L.

Chet L. Mobile Deity

I've been an avid rider for over 50 years and still maintain and ride a fleet of three bikes. I have an ancient Panasonic PT 3500 that has well over 15,000 miles on it. When I lived in PA I tried to squeeze in at least a 2 week trip every year on the Panansonic. Now that I am in Florida, the Panasonic is my Sunday cruiser. The other two bikes are a Raleigh R600 and a Raleigh Prestige Ex. In the winter months I try to get at least 100 miles in every week, but I've found the swimming pool much more inviting in the summer time here in south Florida.

5. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

nice ... i used to be a lance type now i ride like AW an urban/hybrid bike, a Felt XCity, $675 new, with an internal 8-speed hub. I ride about 4 times a week, twice 10 mile round trip which is 40% of the circumference of Frisco, LOL and twice about 6 mile round trip.

I've modified the saddle, chopped 2 inches off each side of the handlebars, and added clips for my Specialized cleats, SPD (mountain bike) style, a must have for hills like SF. My next Mod, disc brakes, the rear has braze-ons already, but the front, hmmm, I may have to buy a new fork.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.