Best to read E-books.

Discussion in 'PDAs and Handhelds' started by Llama77, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llama77

Llama77 Mobile Enthusiast

I read a lot of books and have a lot of e-books, but I hate sitting down at a desk. I mean I hate it.

I was looking at that Sony e-book reader, but Im unsure of spending $300-$400 just to read books.

I was looking a a PDA or alike, but the screen seems a tad small. What do you guys recommend. I don't want to spend that much.

2. Masterchief

Masterchief Superfluous Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand. You should take a look at the Palm TX. The screen is large and well designed for e-book or document reading (the Graffiti area is virtual, meaning it can be removed to take advantage of the entire screen). So for $299 not only do you get an e-book reader, but also a capable PDA, entertainment, and internet device. :cool:

3. Llama77

Llama77 Mobile Enthusiast

the TX looks great, but now I am thinking that since I have a skype account and I am always in a place with wi-fi, maybe I should get a device that can handle skype.

Does anybody have a picture of the TX with a E-book loader, preferably a pdf.

4. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Mobile Deity

Skype? I'm pretty sure that while Palm OS users are down on their luck for that particular VoIP app, there's a Windows Mobile client available.

That would give the vaunted Dell Axim X50v and X51v an edge, not to mention that their VGA screens with twice the resolution of the T|X's screen could made e-book reading easier on the eyes.

I can't say that I have any e-books to use with my X50v, though it's a pretty nice .PDF viewer with PocketXpdf, and an excellent little Internet tablet with Opera Mobile.

All of that said, don't dismiss the T|X just yet. It has some advantages software-wise, at least in Office document creation and editing(Documents To Go)and streaming Internet radio and video(Kinoma Player 4 EX).

5. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Welcome to Brighthand, Llama77. For those that have temporarily lost the power of their own google finger... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]