Best ROM for X51v?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Aximforme, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aximforme

Aximforme Newbie

I am very unknowledgalbe with the ROM stuff. I see an A17 release for WM5, and all this talk about wm6. What is the safest, best one? I am just looking to improve my Axim if possible as well as get me WIFI back (I think I lost it installing a program based on what I came across in some posts elsewhere).

Thanks for any help.

2. Ashton

Ashton Dell Axim X51v Advocate

Go over to XDA-developers and hunt down football's WM6 rom, it's got all the bugs worked out (well 99% of them - I've run lots of various apps and had no problems) There is somone developing a 6.1 rom, but I've nto tested it so I cant vouch for it, hopefulyl konrad or adama will post, I think they've both used the 6.1 rom

3. Aximforme

Aximforme Newbie

Thanks a lot for the info. Is there a certain version to be looking for ? A?? or anything ? Also, what exactly is the deal with these ROMs? Are "football" and the others people who are very good developers and people everyone looks to for continual improvement on these ROMs because the companies such as Dell dont? Sorry for the ignorance, just trying to get up to speed with this culture.

Thanks again.

4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I've used 6.1 ROMs for other devices, but not for the X51v. Personally, I use the Football WM6 A02 on my X51v, and have found it quite satisfactory. There's a slightly newer version from Football, A03, but I've never been motivated enough to try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.