Best Buy Will Offer the Palm Pre at $200 without Mail-in Rebate

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ed Hardy, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Thanks for confirming that, Ed. It's good news for a lot of folks who hate rebates.

Since I have the Sprint SERO plan (assuming I can get this phone on that plan), I'll have to order through a special group at Sprint and will likely have to deal with the rebates. While I generally don't like rebates, I've had very good luck with certain companies, e.g., Symantec. When I first signed up with Sprint, I lost out on one rebate because I missed a deadline, but the other rebate turned out to be a pretty good deal: :cool: Re: I DID it! and my final purchase tally.

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I am curious to hear your experience trying to get a Pre on SERO. There's been a lot of speculation that the Pre may be the bargaining chip Sprint will use to force SERO users onto Simply Everything plans. Fight the man!

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

When I called the SERO group, they said it wouldn't be a problem. Samsung required the Instinct be on the Everything plan. In any case, I'll call back after 6/6 and see what they say. :)

5. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

I will be surprised if you can keep your SERO plan but I am rooting for you! Sprint's Twitter stated that anyone one on SERO would have to upgrade the plans (link to Precentral story).

I am also a 755p user on a SERO plan. I think I may be willing to play the $40 extra a month for the Pre. Still cheaper then the iphone's current pricing plan on ATT

6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm rooting for you guys too. My experience with policies like that is that sometimes they just don't get followed. My recommendation is if at first you don't succeed, try try again. Eventually you get on the phone with someone who's either nice or oblivious. Or nice and oblivious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.