Belated Happy Birthday Wishes, raspabalsa

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Jan 23, 2019.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

So sorry to be late, raspy. Hoping that your day was wonderful, and that the rest of this trip around Sol is even better.
    Smaller_spaghettis_picsay.png

scjjtt, raspabalsa, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Happy Birthday, Raspy!

3. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

pastalolcat.jpg

Happy (belated) Birthday!

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Happy Birthday, raspy!

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

And I bring the icing on the Spaghetti Cake! :vbgrin: Happy Birthday, old friend. :vbsmile:

Cake-spaghetticake.jpg

6. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

Raspa's birthday threads make me hungrier than other birthday threads. So many different kinds of carbs... :vbeek:

scjjtt, raspabalsa, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hello all!

Thank you very much for all your wishes and gifts. Yes, these b-day threads make me hungry too. Alas, no real spaghetti for my birthday this year.

I've been away from BH for some time, and the reason is that I've had to haul myself out of my comfort zone - in a very literal sense. I've been permanently transfered from Colombia to Bolivia (remember I was in Bolivia last year and complained a lot about the cold). I had to make a rushed decision between two not-very-good options, and chose what Mrs. R and I thought the best. But man, am I paying for it! The Colombian project was in a warm zone, temperatures between 68F and 105F. Now I'm back in a town called Viacha, it's summer here (remember that Earthlings dwelling in the southern hemisphere do things backwards) and temperatures are between 39F and 60F. It takes a distinct effort and lots of will to get out of the bed every morning. Worse, Mrs. R will remain in Colombia for the foreseeable future. We're still not sure how we're going to handle this transfer, so she's still working in Medellín. This means I'll have to commute between three countries now (remember that my kids live in Ecuador with their mom).

I brought most of my toys and have a few new gadgets to play with, but still it's been hard to get used to the cold, the food, and being alone again. Worse, I had to say goodbye to Torturantula V. I couldn't bring her to Bolivia (customs forbids wild animals across borders) and Mrs. R can't take care of her in the city. So it was with a very heavy heart that I picked Torturantula V from her box, took her outside, walked to the treeline, and placed her in the ground. She just stood there, so I gave her a light push uttering "run far, Torturantula V run free" and off she went :(

So why no spaghetti for raspy? I'm at 3860m altitude, that's some 12660ft. Water boils at such low temperature that spaghetti doesn't cook properly. I haven't yet learned how to do it with a pressure pot. In fact, I haven't purchased a pressure pot yet. But Mrs. R promised to greet me with a huge pot of spaghetti when I get back to Medellin for my monthly rest in a week. I'm really looking forward to that! :)

lelisa13p, jigwashere, Mi An and 3 others like this.
  8. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Well, that all sucks as birthdays go. I sure hope things change fore the better in the near future, my friend.

jigwashere, lelisa13p, Mi An and 3 others like this.
  9. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Happy Belated Birthday Rapsy! I'm sorry for the cold & all the changes - but what you going through is sure is interesting to me & makes for good reading. Take care of yourself!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks, Hook. But it's no big deal (the birthday thingy, that is). I was very busy at work and even more trying to keep myself warm to grieve much :D

The main thing worrying me is that I'll have much less time with my loved ones. That's something I must fix ASAP, although I still don't know how I'll do it. The good thing? I'm going to earn a lot more frequent flyer miles :D :D