Been away too long again! But I'm here by proxy.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bluefish, Sep 3, 2011.

1. bluefish

bluefish I am not a PC...

Hi lads and lasses,
    You no doubt remember that I like to give credit where credit is due, and in this ever smaller world of ours there are many things that can go wrong for someone who tries to make a living on the internet.

I have been learning fast and hopefully getting up to speed with stuff, but now that I have caught up, I have to change my working practices to avoid some problems.
    I have started using proxies, not only for my personal protection, but because of all the data mining my work involves, and you really don't want to get into trouble with the big G, or get your IP banned for making too many enquiries.

I searched around a lot and even tried some shared private proxies, but they were almost as bad as the public ones I started out with. Eventually I discovered Squid Proxies, and they are cheap enough to make it an easy decision to buy, and reliable and fast enough to get my work done nicely.

They are also easy to configure with an online control panel.
    It is great to be able to say that their customer service is actually responsive and helpful too. I had a technical issue which was dealt with very smoothly and I felt comfortable to be using them.

I bet there are many BH members who use proxies for whatever reason, and probably Squid Proxies are known to them, but as I said, credit where credit is due. It works well for me and I am not an affiliate with them, this is just a review.

Unfortunately, having the right tools for my job means I will probably visit here less often than I am at the moment....but I like being busy, and I will never forget my friends here.

Take care

Best wishes
    Andy

2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Andy! Good to see you whenever you can get here. And now that you have a proxy, your "boss" won't know when you are visiting here instead of working. :D

The question is, what are the Terriorists doing with those proxies? :eek:

3. bluefish

Even I won't know lol.

The dogs are eating them Hook. That's what they do with everything they see.

4. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Andy-Blue-Boy! :D

Good to see you and please stop by whenever possible!

Ummm... Do proxies make a good curry? Perhaps with the right seasoning, the terriorists could start their own sideline business... :rolleyes:

5. bluefish

They already started their own "sidewalk "business, but I've been clearing that up as I go along.:)

So when are you crossing the pond Joe-Boy? You don't fancy a little Portuguese festa?

6. JRakes

Oh, it will likely be a while... *SIGH*

Yes, I would fancy a lot of things. Sadly, reality doesn't seem to be cooperating of late...

Good to hear you're doing well!

7. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Blueboy!! lol jk Andy, its good to see ya!! :)

It's seems to me that almost everything is returning to normal.

8. JRakes

Cap'n NutBuster! :D

Ummm... Define "Normal." :rolleyes:

9. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I said "seems". lol

10. JRakes

Good point... :D