Bad news for Palm OS/Mac Users...

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by questionfear, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Palm OS is dead. The Centro is the last device to run the venerable OS. As far as I know, Sprint is the only US carrier to offer this device.

It had one hell of a run, and it was sure fun while it lasted. :)

But as with all good things, the end must come. Time to move on.

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

True. But there's probably at least a handful of Centro users who also use Macs. And they're going to have pony up for Missing Sync or avoid upgrading to Snow Leopard...

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

I have Missing Sync for my Blackberry. I still have one old G4 Mac Mini that won't run snow leopard just in case I want to sync my old TX. Now where did I put those old Palm USB cables? :confused:

I'm eager to lose a little file flab right now so I plan to be all over that family pack deal on 8/28. Actually, your post reminded me to place an online order for a family pack so I should get mine in the mail. :newpalm:

5. headcronie

Same applies to Windows Vista / Windows 7. Only the newest devices sync, if they sync at all, and it only does a half baked job of syncing as is. Mac users aren't the only ones.

6. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Did not know that...good to know.

Sigh. It's sad to watch the last vestiges of Palm OS wash away.

7. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Actually, this isn't completely true. Older Palms can sync to desktop 6.2.2 using a utility provided for free by Pimlico. Wifi and BT also work fine where USB fails.

Not that the point about having to move on won't be true at some point, but there is still life left in Garnet on the Windows side.

8. r0k

r0k Dazed

Wash away sounds so natural and peaceful...

Sometimes I get the impression that the going away party that is being thrown for Palm OS Garnet is like a certain scene from Goodfellas where the victim was taken out to a cornfield by a half dozen guys with shovels and baseball bats...

And where is Access in all of this? Palm Desktop for Leopard? I don't think so. Palm desktop for Windows 7? I don't think so. While you can still buy Centro and 755p on Sprint's site, I bet they come with disclaimers not to try and use them with your new OS!

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Don't bet the house. :rolleyes:

10. headcronie

Falls into the same category as Mac though. Won't sync without additional software / workarounds.

And older devices such as any Palm OS 3, 3.5. 4.0 and 4.1 device that don't have BT or WiFi are completely cut off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.